    canvas prints are just FANTASTIC. I sent my stuff in before the sale
    started but I phoned them and they let me off the good eggs!
    Hurrah!

    peter.hurst, Sep 16, 2005

  2. peter.hurst

    ASAAR Guest

    Punctuation is to be desired. A comma might have helped if Peter
    thinks that Simon Steel is a "good egg" for letting him off the
    hook, allowing him to participate in a sale that he didn't qualify
    for. If not, I'll need to wipe the egg off my face. :)

    (until shortly after seeing your reply I was also a bit puzzled)

    ASAAR, Sep 16, 2005

  3. peter.hurst

    Paul H. Guest

    ....and being "let off...the good eggs" is presumably a thing to be desired?

    -- From a bemused cousin across the Pond.

    Paul H., Sep 16, 2005
  4. peter.hurst

    Paul Heslop Guest

    I think there's a comma missing

    Let me off, the good eggs.

    Paul Heslop, Sep 16, 2005
  5. peter.hurst

    Paul Heslop Guest

    hmmmm, why was your message so late to show? would have saved me my
    two pennorth :O)

    Paul Heslop, Sep 16, 2005
  6. peter.hurst

    ASAAR Guest

    My fault. Your reply wasn't there when I was typing my reply, but
    shortly after I posted it I saw that mine had apparently arrived
    several hours before yours, which suddenly appeared. Ans. I had
    adjusted the computer's clock much earlier and forgot to reset it. I
    see in our messages that they both contain a Date: header but only
    yours has an NNTP-Posting-Date: header. I assume that's not due to
    my newsreader but to the NNTP server not appending it, and had it
    done so, the actual posting date would have been accurately shown.
    I'll cover your loss, just put it on the tab. :)

    ASAAR, Sep 16, 2005
  7. peter.hurst

    Paul Heslop Guest

    :O) You are forgiven, just don't do it again.

    Paul Heslop, Sep 17, 2005
  8. peter.hurst

    ASAAR Guest

    And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!"