    experience/suggestions?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Sep 18, 2004

  2. thing

    Bret Guest

    The WD Caviar Special Edition has an 8meg cache and a 3 Year Warranty
    $180.00 ex Gst, only ATA 100 though.

    Bret, Sep 18, 2004

  3. thing

    Karen Parker Guest

    And the Seacrate has 5 years,,,,

    Karen Parker, Sep 18, 2004
  4. thing

    Bret Guest

    And $190 at PP I see.

    Bret, Sep 18, 2004
  5. thing

    thing Guest

    Im off pp at the moment, too hard to dela with, ascent seem way easier.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Sep 18, 2004
  6. thing

    Bret Guest

    How are they price wise Thing?

    Bret, Sep 18, 2004
  7. thing

    thing Guest

    Dunno, but the odd dollar is no biggee compared with the pain of dealing
    with pp v painless ascent. plus pp's web site only seems to work
    properly in IEx, ascent works in Konq. or Mozilla, Ascent also seem more
    Linux & Mac friendly.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Sep 18, 2004
  8. thing

    Karen Parker Guest

    Use PriceSpy..

    Karen Parker, Sep 18, 2004
  9. thing

    thing Guest

    I do.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Sep 18, 2004
  10. thing

    GraB Guest

    Dunno, but the odd dollar is no biggee compared with the pain of dealing
    I have had no trouble at all with PP in Opera or Firefox! I never use
    IE.

    GraB, Sep 18, 2004
  11. thing

    GraB Guest

    The 160Gig 8meg cache Samsung drive topped out in a comparison in an
    Aussie mag a few months ago. They are known to be very quiet.

    GraB, Sep 18, 2004