    the BIOS in Stripped mode.

    Thanks

    Gordon

    SoundBytes, Jan 29, 2008

  2. SoundBytes

    philo Guest

    "SoundBytes" <> wrote in message
    news:0rMnj.34130$...
    > Hi
    > My friend's pc came with two SATA drives they were in stripped mode (I
    > think that's what they call it) anyway, he just wants two hard drives, one
    > with windows on and the other to be storage, my question is what
    > configuration or what raid settings if at all does he have to set it at,
    > does he need to do anything in the bios? does he have to tell windows xp?

    HE
    > has a MSI P6 SLI platinum motherboard with two Maxtor 150 gig hard drives.
    >
    > I used to build the odd pc but never bothered of late and this raid thing

    is
    > a bit confusing, I understand Stripped and Mirrored, but he just wants two
    > separate drives and I'm a little lost to say the least as the PC came with
    > the BIOS in Stripped mode.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gordon

    If there is any data on the drives...it will need to be backed up...
    once that is done...you will need to go into the RAID bios setup and "break"
    the RAID...
    then just setup the machine as non-RAID

    philo, Jan 29, 2008

  3. SoundBytes

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 20:57:32 GMT, "SoundBytes" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    > My friend's pc came with two SATA drives they were in stripped mode (I
    >think that's what they call it) anyway, he just wants two hard drives, one
    >with windows on and the other to be storage, my question is what
    >configuration or what raid settings if at all does he have to set it at,
    >does he need to do anything in the bios? does he have to tell windows xp? HE
    >has a MSI P6 SLI platinum motherboard with two Maxtor 150 gig hard drives.
    >
    >I used to build the odd pc but never bothered of late and this raid thing is
    >a bit confusing, I understand Stripped and Mirrored, but he just wants two
    >separate drives and I'm a little lost to say the least as the PC came with
    >the BIOS in Stripped mode.
    >
    >Thanks

    Is it a P6 SLI, or a P6N SLI? If it's the N you can get the manual here:

    http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1141&maincat_no=1

    or

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/ytbmob

    And it will tell you.

    --
    For every rational explanation there are an infinite number of
    irrational explanations. --Staple's Observation

    Mara, Jan 29, 2008