    tried putting a metal knife down the row of pins to straighten then and plug
    it in the board anyway and the thing worked! Just jammy? well this time im
    opening that dam box at floor level LOL

    fastmoggy, Nov 23, 2005

  2. fastmoggy

    Noel Paton Guest

    There should be no problem - but I would install the SATA drive first,
    install the OS, and then add the IDE drive (checking in the BIOS that the
    SATA drive is earlier in the boot process) - and only then Activate Windows
    (assuming that's what you're installing).

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005

  3. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    Thanks!

    fastmoggy, Nov 23, 2005
  4. fastmoggy

    Noel Paton Guest

    Noel Paton, Nov 23, 2005
  5. fastmoggy

    Plato Guest

    It's winter. Static city. Put a piece of cardboard down first.

    Plato, Nov 23, 2005
  6. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    Well used the anti static bag the motherboard came in.
    No problems as she is now 80% built. The CPY has no pins on it so no way
    could i repeat my last attempt!
    As for the sata and ide question
    the motherboard came witha cable that connects ide drives direct to the sata
    inputs so i shouldn't have a problem
    unless I drop the who box this time!

    fastmoggy, Nov 23, 2005
  7. fastmoggy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In fastmoggy spewed forth:
    Cool, huh? I did one of those last week. Had a bear of a time getting the
    cooling fan to latch down to the mobo though.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 23, 2005