    the same ide channel, I have used the other ide channel as well with no luck
    any ideas out there?
    tia

    [email protected], Feb 4, 2005

  2. D@Z

    mattcar Guest

    Daz,
    I had the same problem recently. Got a new PC (BIOSTAR K8NHA Pro ) that
    came with a SATA Hard drive with operating system (XP Pro). I wanted
    the old files from my other computer, which had its operating system on
    a 120 gig WD IDE drive. I tried all kinds of things in the bios and in
    the hardware setup in windows. I gave up and decided to disable it in
    the bios so I wouldn't get error messages every time I booted up. Lo
    and behold, the next time I booted up, the Windows Hardware Wizard
    found the drive, and it worked like a charm. All my files are there
    (including the operating system, but I haven't figured out how to
    make it dual bootable yet, though I don't really need to.
    Just as a recap: try disabling the drive in the BIOS.

    mattcar, Feb 4, 2005

  3. disabled it in bios and there it was,many thanks!
    daz

    [email protected], Feb 4, 2005