    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    website: under construction
    email/IM for rates/services

    DeMoN LaG, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Thanks guys. Umm, I hope to have this pc built tonight, except the Antec
    Sonata case is so hard to put in hard drives and cd drives. I'm gonna have
    to have a friend help me. Hopefully I can get it running on the ata133 120gb
    for now then when I get the new 74gb sata I'll use that too.

    Diehard, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    I thought that case made it much easier...you know about the drive cages
    and stuff right (this is probably a stupid question). You can pull them
    out of the case, mount them outside of it, and then just slide them back
    in. As for the CD drives, you use the mounting brackets, and they slide
    in nicely.

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    Yes you can pull the 3.5 inch bays out, but they are much much wider then a
    hard drive, so the hard drive is sitting in the middle with no way to attach
    it unless you have very long screws i imagine, plus you know how hard drives
    and cd drives have screw holes towards the back of the drive and the front?
    well this antec case only has holes for the front in the 3.5 inch bay plus
    the mounting braket, there is no way to screw in the hard drive back towards
    the power/cable, only the front. i have not figured out if i should put the
    mounting braket on the top or bottem screw holes of my sony dvdrw drive. i
    tried last night and it got stuck in the case i had to totally force the
    hell out of it to get it to come out it was not a good fit and a major pain
    in the butt holy crap. sorry for the run on sentance. i am trying ot type
    fast cus i don't really wanna type right now, lol. this case is WAY hard!! i
    have a soho 1030 black or something i dunno the model, but it was soooo much
    easier to do this with.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Diehard

    Thor Guest

    I think you mean 5.25" bays.
    drives

    You use a 5.25/3.5" bay adapter, or drive rails to make it fit the larger
    bays.

    Thor, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    As always user error, lol, we figured it out, :)

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  7. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    No he does mean the 3.5 inch drives and they ARE wider than usual,
    that is because they are designed with rubber grommets and are attached
    at the bottom rather than the side. Look in the pack of screws that
    came with your case, and you'll see some odd looking screws that are
    threaded at the end and have a long unthreaded area between the head and
    the threads. These are the ones you must use, as the unthreaded are
    fits snuggly into those rubber grommets.
    Now for the optical drives. If you look at the case covers that
    were originally on the case when you opened it up (they cover up the
    holes where the optical drives would be), there are a couple of brackets
    mounted on the inside (they are a bright purple, can't miss em). Take
    those out, and attach these directly to the optical drive, outside of
    the case with the little curved handles pointing toward the front of the
    case. They should look like a couple of purple rails on your optical
    drive now. Now all you have to do is slide the optical drive into the
    tray...very easy, and it should lock in place, just like the hard drives
    (you might need to adjust the rails so that when they lock in the
    optical drives are perfectly flush). It is a lot easier than it looks,
    and I actually love how easy it was to put this case together...and its
    very easy to take apart as well, its practically tooless (not quite).
    Now you just need to learn to read the manual before you start
    putting things together! :p Hope this helps!

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    i already read the manual and i know how to put things together, i just
    didn't have the brakets hole covering the ball thing on them. my bad tho.

    my pc now crashes all the time and i am posting in another thread about it.

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    I didn't mean it to insult you just a joke ;-).

    Night_Seer, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    you did not insult me at all dude, it's all cool. :)
    Fed Ex just dropped off my sata WD 74gb sata 150 10k rpm 8mb cache drive.
    now i need to know how to get it working on sata 1 as boot drive and install
    windows. any thots?

    Diehard, Jan 9, 2004
  11. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Does the SATA show up as a bootable device in the BIOS boot menu? Like
    when you select boot order, does it show up? Also, did the MB come with
    a SATA driver floppy disk or instructions on how to make a SATA driver
    floppy?

    Night_Seer, Jan 12, 2004
  12. Diehard

    Diehard Guest

    I went to the msi web site and their forum and someone told me what to do in
    the bios to get sata working and i did and it works fine, :)

    Diehard, Jan 12, 2004
  13. Diehard

    Night_Seer Guest

    Great, happy to hear that.