    jamesa Guest

    Santa Clause like you have never seen him before, this is a must see for everyone: http://paddy.home.comcast.net/

    please wait 30 seconds after picture has loaded for the Santa Surprise

    jamesa, Dec 29, 2004

  2. jamesa

    Howard Guest

    I visited this link (God only knows why), and I was notified a few
    second later that Norton Anti-virus had found and removed a virus
    (Bloodhound.Exploit.21).

    Isn't this a helpdesk forum? Why are there so many non-related posts
    allowed here?

    Howard, Dec 29, 2004

  3. jamesa

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Howard composed the following ...
    Nope, it's not a forum.
    How would you suggest they be stopped?

    Paul - xxx, Dec 29, 2004
  4. jamesa

    gangle Guest

    <Pointless crossposting eliminated>

    This is not a "helpdesk." It is not a forum. It is an unmoderated
    newsgroup having no charter or specific topic. No one here (tinh)
    can or should compel others to adopt a static dynamic constructed
    from your or anyone else's erroneous assumptions. Jesus H. Christ.

    gangle, Dec 29, 2004
  5. jamesa

    Howard Guest

    Again, sorry, but what is the point of it being labeled
    "24hoursupport.helpdesk" -- this isn't me being snide; it's just a
    question, honest.

    Howard, Dec 29, 2004
  6. On 29 Dec 2004, Howard scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    snip
    There is no point. Really. This group apparently was an ISP's private
    group which propagated into Usenet in general once upon a time, or so
    one story has it. There is no charter or FAQ for the group, so pretty
    much anything goes (except SPAM).

    The Old Sourdough, Dec 29, 2004
  7. jamesa

    Joel Rubin Guest

    A good way to visit a suspicious/spammed web site is with the text
    only browsers lynx and links. (links is fancier and knows how to do
    frames)

    Neither one knows Javascript or pop-up windows. (e.g. with IE, spammed
    site uses Javascript to open 25 pay-per-click porno links and crashes
    your computer)

    Sometimes, you need a dumb interpreter - like when you get a .doc file
    from who the hell knows, you probably want to open it with
    write/wordpad and not with MSWord and get a macro virus.

    Joel Rubin, Dec 29, 2004
  8. jamesa

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Dec 29, 2004