Sandisk Ultra II 512MB cannot be formatted

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Vincent Ng, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. Vincent Ng

    Vincent Ng Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem with my new Sandisk Ultra II 512MB CF card, I was
    writing onto the CF card via the USB card reader. The software crashed
    so I took the card out. I thought nothing was writing onto anymore as
    the red led did not blink anymore.

    After that I tried and put the card back into the USB card reader all
    it does all the time is blinking red as it is trying to write or read
    something onto it. So far I have tried:

    (a) Formatting using Windows XP, it cannot do it..
    (b) Formatting using my Canon IXUS 400 kept coming out with memory card
    error and cannot be formatted
    (c) Using DOS following command format K:/FS:FAT
    Does not avail says memory card error.

    I really have run out of idea.
    So any ideas is welcome..

    Thank you

    Vincent

    Vincent Ng, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Vincent Ng

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Vincent writes ..
    If the computer and the camera won't format it I'd contact Sandisk.
    Since it's an Ultra card you have a life time warranty with it so
    Sandisk witll either tell you how to format it or give you an RMA so
    you can return it for replacement.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Vincent Ng

    Yip Yap Guest

    It sounds like you have bad card. Can you return
    it to the place of purchase? That's the best and
    fastest way to get another card. If you contact Sandisk
    you will be waiting a while to resolve things.

    -- Yip

    Yip Yap, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Vincent Ng

    grim Guest

    I have had a similar problem with a New Sandisk Ultra 512 MB Compact Flash.
    After 4 shots I got "Error code 2" and was unable to read or format in the
    camera or card reader. Edge code on card "AR0408UFA CHINA" supplier has
    agreed to replace card.

    grim, Jul 18, 2005