Sandisk CF extreme vs.ultra II ??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SleeperMan, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:47:04 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    <> wrote:

    >Oliver Costich wrote:
    >> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:33:31 -0500, Charles <> wrote:

    >>> I would get the cheaper of the two cards. I don't think you will
    >>> notice any difference.

    >> Or even the standard card for way less. I don't think that the camera
    >> canuse the speed at all. The benefit might be had when downloading
    >> through a USB2 card reader.

    >All i need in this camera is about 15x speed for shooting highest quality
    >video. I don't have external reader yet, since my PC doesn't have USB 2.0
    >port...maybe one day.

    A USB2 card is about $15 if your OS will support it.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 21, 2005

  2. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Oliver Costich wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:47:04 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Oliver Costich wrote:

    >>> Or even the standard card for way less. I don't think that the
    >>> camera canuse the speed at all. The benefit might be had when
    >>> downloading through a USB2 card reader.

    >> All i need in this camera is about 15x speed for shooting highest
    >> quality video. I don't have external reader yet, since my PC doesn't
    >> have USB 2.0 port...maybe one day.
    >>

    > A USB2 card is about $15 if your OS will support it.

    It's not my OS problem (win XP), but my MOBO (Soyo D+) which may cause
    problems...

    SleeperMan, Mar 22, 2005

  3. On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:47:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    <> wrote:

    >Oliver Costich wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:47:04 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> All i need in this camera is about 15x speed for shooting highest
    >>> quality video. I don't have external reader yet, since my PC doesn't
    >>> have USB 2.0 port...maybe one day.
    >>>

    >> A USB2 card is about $15 if your OS will support it.

    >It's not my OS problem (win XP), but my MOBO (Soyo D+) which may cause
    >problems...

    I would think that virtually any USB2 PCI card should work with the
    Soyo.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 22, 2005
  4. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Oliver Costich wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:47:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Oliver Costich wrote:

    >>> A USB2 card is about $15 if your OS will support it.

    >> It's not my OS problem (win XP), but my MOBO (Soyo D+) which may
    >> cause problems...
    >>

    > I would think that virtually any USB2 PCI card should work with the
    > Soyo.

    Well, some poeple did report problems when trying to insert USB 20
    board...so i hesitate...

    SleeperMan, Mar 23, 2005
  5. On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:35:55 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    <> wrote:

    >Oliver Costich wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:47:25 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> It's not my OS problem (win XP), but my MOBO (Soyo D+) which may
    >>> cause problems...
    >>>

    >> I would think that virtually any USB2 PCI card should work with the
    >> Soyo.

    >Well, some poeple did report problems when trying to insert USB 20
    >board...so i hesitate...

    Buy one somplace you can take it back. The hardest part of installing
    it is opening the case. YSB2 is very good to have, for card readers,
    DVD/CD burners, hard drives, etc.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 23, 2005
  6. SleeperMan

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Oliver Costich wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:35:55 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Oliver Costich wrote:

    >>>I would think that virtually any USB2 PCI card should work with the
    >>>Soyo.

    >>Well, some poeple did report problems when trying to insert USB 20
    >>board...so i hesitate...
    >>

    > Buy one somplace you can take it back. The hardest part of installing
    > it is opening the case. YSB2 is very good to have, for card readers,
    > DVD/CD burners, hard drives, etc.

    Even better, spend a few bucks more and get one that does Firewire800 as
    well. Then you are ready for HD video....

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Mar 23, 2005
  7. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Oliver Costich wrote:
    >> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:35:55 +0100, "SleeperMan"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Well, some poeple did report problems when trying to insert USB 20
    >>> board...so i hesitate...
    >>>

    >> Buy one somplace you can take it back. The hardest part of installing
    >> it is opening the case. YSB2 is very good to have, for card readers,
    >> DVD/CD burners, hard drives, etc.
    >>

    > Even better, spend a few bucks more and get one that does Firewire800
    > as well. Then you are ready for HD video....

    hm...something to consider...

    SleeperMan, Mar 24, 2005