  1. I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
    to store lots of pics. is this a good choice? how reliable are
    compactflash drives?

    Chlorine Dream, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Chlorine Dream

    Eric Gill Guest

    (Chlorine Dream) wrote in
    news::

    > I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
    > to store lots of pics. is this a good choice?

    They rock, if your camera can take advantage of the speed.

    > how reliable are compactflash drives?

    Crap. Slow, too.

    Eric Gill, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Chlorine Dream

    Mark M Guest

    Mark M, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Chlorine Dream

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Chlorine Dream

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
    >to store lots of pics. is this a good choice?

    Yes, good choice. I've been using the 2 GB Ultra II for a while in my dSLR.

    >how reliable are compactflash drives?

    The SanDisk Ultra II comes with a lifetime replacement warranty and if it dies
    they'll try to recover the images for you for free. Pretty reliable ...

    Bill Hilton, Nov 8, 2004
  6. On 7 Nov 2004 18:50:42 -0800,
    (Chlorine Dream) wrote:

    >I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
    >to store lots of pics. is this a good choice? how reliable are
    >compactflash drives?

    Make sure that your camera supports (makes use of) the faster CF
    cards. I found that my Minolta Dimage A1 did not, so the extra cost
    would have been wasted!

    --JWW

    John W. Wells, Nov 8, 2004
  7. John W. Wells wrote:
    []
    > Make sure that your camera supports (makes use of) the faster CF
    > cards. I found that my Minolta Dimage A1 did not, so the extra cost
    > would have been wasted!

    It still might the cards faster to download to your computer. There's
    little cost difference here between SanDisk CF regular and Ultra II.

    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 9, 2004