    anything besides this card?...B & H has the card for $329.00.

    TIA
    See ya...Jerry

    Jerry, Oct 7, 2003

  2. (Jerry) writes:

    > anything besides this card?...B & H has the card for $329.00.

    I think that's more than my FM2 cost when Louise bought it for me 10 or 15
    year ago. Sigh.

    Phil Stripling, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Jerry

    steve Guest

    I use Lexar Professional 1 Gig CF cards in my 10D.

    Have not had any problems with them. The cards are rated at 32x although
    I don't think the camera can utilize the write acceleration.

    The cards came with a usb cable and Lexar's Image Rescue software
    already loaded onto the cards, which I installed on my pc and then
    deleted from the cards to make more room for image files.

    Got the last card at Etech warehouse for $249.00 total including $20.00
    shipping and the card got delivered 48 hours after I ordered it. The
    delivery would have been 24 Hours but I wasn't home to sign for it.

    Regards,

    steve

    steve, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Jerry

    PiZzazZ Guest

    Save yourself a few bucks with SMART 1GB CF. Available at eCost, for about
    $160 after rebate.

    PiZzazZ, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Jerry

    Sloopy Guest

    In article <>,
    Phil Stripling <> wrote:

    > (Jerry) writes:
    >
    > > anything besides this card?...B & H has the card for $329.00.

    > I think that's more than my FM2 cost when Louise bought it for me 10 or 15
    > year ago. Sigh.

    Well, accounting for inflation, the FM2 was more like $500 in today's
    dollars.

    -Sloopy

    Sloopy, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Jerry

    steve Guest

    Is the SMART 1GB CF high speed? What is the speed rating? (The Lexar is 32X)

    Curious.

    Also, what is the warranty on the SMART CF? The Lexar is lifetime.

    steve

    steve, Oct 7, 2003
  7. > I'm using the Digital Rebel and thinking about getting the Extreme
    > card...Does anyone use this card with the Rebel?...Would you recommend
    > anything besides this card?...B & H has the card for $329.00.

    I have a Sandisk Ultra 1GB card that works fine in my 10D. The
    only problem is that it doesn't work with my Dazzle reader. And
    the reader Sandisk recommended, the SDDR-91, works on my W98SE
    PC, but not on an OS-X Mac.

    So just make sure you test all the combinations you care about
    while you can still return things.

    Bjorn Helgaas, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    In article <EAHgb.6557$>,
    says...

    [snip]

    >And the reader Sandisk recommended, the SDDR-91, works on my W98SE
    >PC, but not on an OS-X Mac.

    I also have the SDDR-91...Still deciding.

    See ya...Jerry

    Jerry, Oct 8, 2003
  9. On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 03:51:15 -0000, (Jerry) with
    the help of a thousand monkeys banging on keyboards, was finally able
    to type out the following:

    >Hi,
    >I'm using the Digital Rebel and thinking about getting the Extreme
    >card...Does anyone use this card with the Rebel?...Would you recommend
    >anything besides this card?...B & H has the card for $329.00.
    >
    >TIA
    >See ya...Jerry

    It would be a waste of your money if you plan on using it with the
    Canon Digital Rebel, D30, D60 or D10 cameras.
    One of the drawing points for the Extreme Cards is that they operate
    even if the temperature drops below 32 degrees F( 0 degrees C).
    The batteries in those cameras start conking out at those
    temperatures.

    --
    Israel Rodriguez

    http://home.earthlink.net/~isrodriguez7/

    Israel Rodriguez, Nov 2, 2003

  10. > >
    > > I think that's more than my FM2 cost when Louise bought it for me 10 or

    15
    > > year ago. Sigh.

    > Well, accounting for inflation, the FM2 was more like $500 in today's
    > dollars.

    Still use mine with the 24mm Nikkor, wonderful.
    Also use a 995 mind you.
    JT

    John Taverner, Nov 7, 2003