    Diego ? I am Belgian, so need serious shop ! Also good prices of course !

    Thanks for infos !
    Phil

    Pivert, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Pivert

    Bob Salomon Guest

    North County Camera in Escondido, Nelsons and George's in San Diego.

    Bob Salomon, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Pivert

    Pivert Guest

    Thanks !

    Pivert, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Pivert

    Frank ess Guest

    You may be able to make email contact with these:

    http://www.nelsonphotosupplies.com:9080/Nelson/
    Close to downtown and both the airport and cruise terminals

    http://www.georgescamera.com/
    North Park area, a few blocks from Balboa Park and the Zoological gardens

    http://www.nccamera.com/contact.htm
    30 or so miles north of San Diego, inland from Oceanside.

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=003NvE
    Seems as if Bob Davis Camera in La Jolla has fled the Web.

    I have spend many dollars at Nelson and at George's; no experience with
    North County.

    Each of the two I know has its positive points. I prefer Nelson, as it seems
    better organized to the browser. That doesn't mean George's is any less
    likely to have what you need. Both are friendly and eager to help the novice
    and work with the professional.

    Your choice may depend on how you come to San Diego, how long you will be
    here, and what you expect to do while here.

    San Diego is, of course, beautiful year 'round. I hope you enjoy your visit.

    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Oct 13, 2003
  5. Pivert

    Pivert Guest

    Thanks a lot.

    Will come from Belgium ( hence plane). Will stay for a week in San Diego's
    center.

    Pivert, Oct 13, 2003
  6. Pivert

     Guest

    Doesn't California charge over 8% sales tax? Maybe it would be worth it
    to order online and have shipped to you before making the trip. Avoid
    sales tax that way.

    , Oct 13, 2003
  7. Pivert

    FOR7b Guest

    Thanks a lot.
    You do realize that you will likely be paying much more for the camera in an
    actual camera shop, right?

    FOR7b, Oct 14, 2003
  8. Pivert

    FOR7b Guest

    Doesn't California charge over 8% sales tax? Maybe it would be worth it
    And get a much cheaper price than a typical camera shop.

    FOR7b, Oct 14, 2003
  9. Pivert

    Bob Salomon Guest

    You do realize that you will likely be paying much more for the camera in an
    actual camera shop, right?

    [/QUOTE]

    You seem to have missed:

    "Can someone advise a serious ( good counselling & perfect material )"

    Bob Salomon, Oct 14, 2003
  10. Pivert

    MJ Guest

    He may well be, but that price is still likely to be significantly
    cheaper than a European rip-off price. The practicalities of buying
    on-line whilst on a short visit may well prove to be not worth the
    hassle.

    MJ

    MJ, Oct 14, 2003
  11. Pivert

    FOR7b Guest

    You do realize that you will likely be paying much more for the camera in
    No, my response was just an addition to what he said. Many people from overseas
    automatically think that everything is cheaper in America and often times that
    is the case but by mentioning what I said I'm just letting him know that the
    typical camera shop is likely to be considerably more expensive in comparison
    to other sources. A considerable difference may be something he may be
    interested in.

    Also, not all cheaper sources mean that the store or company cannot provide
    what the buyer needs.

    FOR7b, Oct 14, 2003
  12. George's Camera on 30th and University.

    North County Camera for new stuff, and Camera Exposure (Adams Ave) for used
    stuff.

    Lefty Leftowitz, Oct 14, 2003