Samsung to play safe with dual HD DVD/Blu-ray DVD Player.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Allan, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Allan

    WinField Guest

    Yes you did - even though you don't believe that cost will be the issue
    that makes HD-dvd "stillborn". Isn't this what you wrote earlier:?

    "Haven't you read Samsung's latest press release? They intend to become
    a top tier company. And that means top tier pricing."
    I'm relieved to hear that top tier pricing has nothing to do with cost. :\

    Chill out, Sammy.

    I'm guessing the format war will only slightly delay the general
    acceptance of hi_def DVD. I think price will be a factor.

    I see Hollywood overcontrol (read digital-rights-management
    /anti-piracy) as the poison that might kill hi_def DVD.

    2-cents worth
    winfield

    WinField, Sep 10, 2005

  2. It's just not in that market. Samsung intends to replace Sony -
    which was quite an innovator for years.

    They build some very good hard drives, and have a huge market in
    cell-phones too, with their cell-phone headquarter occupying it's
    own 27 story office building.

    If it's electronic and consumer oriented they intend to be in it
    and want to be the leader.

    Bill Vermillion, Sep 11, 2005