    was curious if this is common with anyone getting their CD's included
    from Sam's?

    -Winston

    Winston, May 7, 2004

  2. Winston

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Haven't done film there (this IS a digital group), but if I were you , I
    would take them back to Sam's and demand they redo them properly.

    Ron Hunter, May 7, 2004

  3. I routinely have Sam's scan film negs at 8x10 - 300dpi and not had problems
    for prints up to 8x10. (Sam's either scans at 4x6 ($2.99/roll) or 8x10
    ($9.95/roll) Problems with Sam's is that they cannot print on the Frontier
    (340?) over 8x10, and when I use the Sam's scans for 11x14 and larger prints
    elsewhere the pixellation is a bit much due to their scanning .jpg's at a
    higher compression (they say they don't have control over the degree of
    compression.) Moral of story IMHO with re: Sam's, ok for 8x10's - and
    that's 'bout all. Bigger prints need better scans done elsewhere.

    Jim W.

    Commercial Imaging Services, May 9, 2004