Sample Images: 5D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Aug 22, 2005.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005

  2. Mark²

    Mike Warren Guest

    Mike Warren, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Yes. They are clearly being slammed with world-wide hits.
    Teh site was noted on Dpreview only moments befoe I posted, and i'm sure
    this brought on a world-wide slew of hits.

    When I first began downloading an image, it quickly loaded about 1/10th of
    the way down, and then stopped. I've not been able to load any other
    samples since, though the other pages load.
    This quick-beginning indecates that they were hit with clicks as we speak.

    News that is new and in great demand is like this...
    Might have to come back later--perhaps MUCH later...

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  4. Mark²

    Mike Warren Guest

    I'm using a download manager to get the first picture and
    it keeps having to reconnect. 52% so far.

    -Mike

    Mike Warren, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    What download manager are you using?

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  6. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Ah... Receiving now...

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  7. Mark²

    Mike Warren Guest

    Mike Warren, Aug 22, 2005
  8. Mark²

    Mike Warren Guest

    Maybe mine was taking all the bandwidth <eg>

    -Mike

    Mike Warren, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Aug 22, 2005
  10. Mark²

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Slow? Times out on me every time.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 22, 2005
  11. Mark²

    Brian Baird Guest

    Brian Baird, Aug 22, 2005
  12. Must be faster now because a 12MB file only took 20 seconds.

    Dave R knows who, Aug 22, 2005
  13. Ha! Spoke too soon, some are timing-out.

    Dave R knows who, Aug 22, 2005
  14. Are these straight from the camera or were they doctored or processed
    afterwards? If they're straight from the camera untouched then I say this
    camera is going to be a winner! I'm strictly Nikon, but that isn't set in
    stone. I particularly like the macro shot.

    Rita

    =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Aug 22, 2005
  15. Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
    []
    They are processed. At least as much as they have been through a RAW to
    JPEG conversion, with all the processing that can be done at that stage.

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 22, 2005
  16. Mark²

    Brian Baird Guest

    They were processed using the Canon RAW software, if I remember
    correctly.

    Three of the shots are fantastic, as you would expect. That landscape
    shot makes me want to lose my lunch - I've seen better out of the 17-40,
    even on full frame.

    Brian Baird, Aug 22, 2005
  17. Mark²

    Confused Guest

    <big grin>

    Uh, Mark?

    I think anyone reading here who is interested might
    have read the preview...the first one you posted...eh?

    I demand feature a delta document with 3 columns:

    20D 5D 1DsM2

    Just so we can see how many 1D functions Canon still
    left out of the latest down-graded camera from the
    Mark2 <cough,cough> series. ;-()

    (At this rate we'll be at a $999 24MP price point in 3 years.)

    Jeff

    Confused, Aug 23, 2005
  18. Mark²

    Rich Guest

    They look pretty good, except that the landscape images has some kind
    of anomoly
    in it. For one thing, the edge definition is pretty bad, notice the
    distortion of the dandelions
    and the two dark "tracks" that seem to extend vertically upward in the
    grassy area on the left edge.
    I figure this is due to the wide angle lens used.
    -Rich

    Rich, Aug 23, 2005
  19. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Ya, but this provided space for comments on several aspects...an occurance
    sure to take place anyhow. Also... People tend to like having things
    handed to them on silver platters 'round here...
    :)

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005
  20. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Part of the problem is that most digital users have forgotten what *true*
    wide angle shots look like anymore...save for those few who shoot with a
    1Ds/1DsMII...

    I also noticed that they shot that landscape using the "landscape mode,"
    which deepens greens/blues as some films tend to do.

    Distortion is normal in a REAL 17mm at teh corners...

    Mark², Aug 23, 2005