    It looks like the Samknows exchange search has gone and they are only
    doing their line monitoring nowadays. Does anyone know of an
    alternative site with the information that Samknows used to have?

    Rodney Pont, Nov 3, 2014

  2. Rodney Pont

    David Guest

    For me gives out of date ISP info. some even not in business anymore.
    Regards
    David

    David, Nov 3, 2014

  3. Rodney Pont

    Andy Burns Guest

    Thanks, never knew you had that, unfortunately the data (from BT?)
    behind it is wildly inaccurate for my location

    LE8 5PW FTTC Planned by 1st January 2011 P5 100%

    BT planted half a dozen FTTC cabinets in the village nearly one year
    ago, none of them are live yet, even when they are it will leave several
    cabinets not served by FTTC, the county council only won a single extra
    cabinet in the 1st round of BDUK funding in August 2013 and that pas
    planted last week, they have just won BDUK 2nd round funding for the
    remaining blackspots (why don't I believe they'll cover all of them?) I
    expect they'll take another 12-15 months to plant, so I doubt we'll see
    service before January 2016 :-(

    Andy Burns, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Rodney Pont

    Rodney Pont Guest

    Thanks for that Angus. I usually walk back along the URL to see how far
    I can get but obviously didn't with this. I've got the Codelook page
    bookmarked but it's the WBC status that I was interested in. We have
    some FTTC here but do not have WBC.

    Rodney Pont, Nov 3, 2014
  5. Rodney Pont

    Andy Burns Guest

    That's odd, I've never seen the reference to FTTC by 2011 for my
    location on any of the other checker sites, not even sure we had ADSL2+
    by then.
    My cabinet (unfortunately) is number 5 from West Wigston exchange, and
    is not one of those that have been FTTC enabled, I take it that e.g.
    cabinet P5 will be the "companion" fibre cabinet to existing POTS cabinet 5?
    Thanks, going in via locality seems to be more accurate, the green
    circles I presume are centres of postcode areas, rather than actual grid
    locations?

    Andy Burns, Nov 3, 2014
  6. Rodney Pont

    Andy Burns Guest

    Yes it's fairly clear the cabinets that BT skipped locally were the ones
    that serve relatively few premises. If I were a BT planner I'd
    *concentrate* on areas where Virgin hadn't provided multi-megabit cable
    for decades!

    Thanks to your data, I can see that cabinet #20, which I thought
    belonged to a previous round of BDUK funding, actually belongs to the
    same round as cabinet #5 which serves me, given that #20 was installed
    in the last week or so, it gives me a bit more hope than I've had for
    years ...

    Andy Burns, Nov 4, 2014
  7. Rodney Pont

    Andy Burns Guest

    Looks like you've been tinkering today?

    Co-incidentally BT were pulling black/yellow blown fibre tubing between
    the manholes in the area today.

    Andy Burns, Nov 5, 2014
  8. Rodney Pont

    Andy Burns Guest

    WooT! ... just seen from roadworks.org that BT have set a date for the
    NGA cabinet to be installed within a month.

    Andy Burns, Jan 12, 2015