same username for multiple users on PRI?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jason, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

I have a customer that insists on using the same username for upwards of 80
    users that will be dialing into an AS5350. When the user1 connects the first
    time, he gets an IP address. when he connects again, from a different PC and
    different ISDN modem (but to the same PRI phone number) the second user1 gets
    the same IP address as the first user1. I suspected something like MLPPP was on
    by default, but apparently not the case as I did 'no ppp multilink' on the
    dialer and group-async interfaces.

So, the question, how to have multiple instances of the same username dial in to
    the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses?

TIA,

Jason

Jason, Apr 19, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. ~ I have a customer that insists on using the same username for upwards of 80
    ~ users that will be dialing into an AS5350. When the user1 connects the first
    ~ time, he gets an IP address. when he connects again, from a different PC and
    ~ different ISDN modem (but to the same PRI phone number) the second user1 gets
    ~ the same IP address as the first user1. I suspected something like MLPPP was on
    ~ by default, but apparently not the case as I did 'no ppp multilink' on the
    ~ dialer and group-async interfaces.
    ~
    ~ So, the question, how to have multiple instances of the same username dial in to
    ~ the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses?
    ~
    ~ TIA,
    ~
    ~ Jason

The following (possibly hidden) commands may help:

dialer mult-map-same-name !CSCdk28459
    ppp ipcp ignore-map !CSCdm18764

Aaron Leonard, Apr 21, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Jason Guest

Thanks Aaron, I'll try that.