    the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses?

    TIA,

    Jason

    Jason, Apr 19, 2005

  2. ~ I have a customer that insists on using the same username for upwards of 80
    ~ users that will be dialing into an AS5350. When the user1 connects the first
    ~ time, he gets an IP address. when he connects again, from a different PC and
    ~ different ISDN modem (but to the same PRI phone number) the second user1 gets
    ~ the same IP address as the first user1. I suspected something like MLPPP was on
    ~ by default, but apparently not the case as I did 'no ppp multilink' on the
    ~ dialer and group-async interfaces.
    ~
    ~ So, the question, how to have multiple instances of the same username dial in to
    ~ the same PRI and yet get different IP addresses?
    ~
    ~ TIA,
    ~
    ~ Jason

    The following (possibly hidden) commands may help:

    dialer mult-map-same-name !CSCdk28459
    ppp ipcp ignore-map !CSCdm18764

    Aaron Leonard, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Jason