    and while we're on the subject of the best equipment for the job,
    are the blowup dolls with the concealed seams and the real hair
    really worth paying that much extra for ;-)

    whisky-dave, Aug 6, 2009

  2. Move along, children. There's nothing to be learned from this
    self-inflated "teacher".

    Chris Malcolm, Aug 6, 2009

  3. Curiosity...which test was used to measure that?

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009
  4. Many. I eventually got tired of taking their useless tests. None of them
    were providing answers to what I wanted to know. Especially the "Spatial
    IQ" sections where I would often find errors in the test itself. Reporting
    these errors to the "test giver" and they'd dismiss it, even though I'd
    always score higher on all other sections than all the other "test takers".
    Funniest of all was one titled as "The World's Most Difficult IQ Test". If
    you read the directions accurately you find that if you answer only one
    question correctly that you are smarter than anyone else in the world. The
    designers of that test were so stupid that they didn't even know how to
    create a proper test. I just chalked it up to them all being hopelessly
    stupid and then quit taking their ignorant tests altogether. I also found I
    had nothing in common with members of MENSA after just one visit to their
    ridiculous meetings.

    Does that answer your question? If not, too bad. This has nothing to do
    with photography.

    Entertainment!, Aug 6, 2009
  5. Pat

    SMS Guest

    It's an undocumented feature of CHDK.

    SMS, Aug 6, 2009
  6. Pat

    Bob Larter Guest

    Who cares? You clearly don't have the faintest idea what you're doing.

    Bob Larter, Aug 6, 2009
  7. Pat

    tony cooper Guest

    Farmer, Dell I., "Determining Intelligence", Veterinary Science
    Digest, Jan.-Feb. 2003: 52-59.

    He didn't notice that the test was for barnyard animals because he was
    so pleased he came out smarter than a goat and almost as intelligent
    as a pig.

    tony cooper, Aug 6, 2009
  8. I wonder if you'll ever realize how ridiculously stupid you appear to be.

    Entertainment!, Aug 6, 2009

  9. I was invited to apply to MENSA. I had more fun at the Ferrari
    Club instead.

    No, actually it doesn't.

    IQ tests have names and specific identifiers.

    Name one. So we understand your claim is not just something you
    carved out of the pages of Reader's Digest.

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009

  10. Ah...

    LOL!

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009
  11. And smelling like a portion of the horse.

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009
  12. Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners on
    a Ferrari.

    W.T.F....

    - Solomon

    Stuffed Crust, Aug 6, 2009

  13. With your superiour intelligence, I'm surprised you haven't
    realized no one cares. Or how irrelevant that statement really is.

    Joseph Lister, Keppler, Gallileo, Copernicus, Marie Curie...et
    al...all were told repeatedly by the cognoscenti of their times how
    ridiculously stupid they appeared to be. Ridiculously stupid,
    apparently, is pretty good company.

    Such judgements may be fleeting.

    Being right, however, is eternal.

    Having fun trumps them both.

    Poor baby. You not having fun, yet?

    Hang around with us dumbshits. It's a blast.

    "Dance as if nobody's watching."

    member fdic.

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009

  14. I see Ferrari's all over Chicago with vanity plates.

    Now, come on....if you need a vanity plate because your Ferrari
    won't get you enough attention, you've really got serious issues.

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009
  15. Pat

    J. Clarke Guest

    By "chrome spinners" do you mean a thing with two or three wings in the
    middle of the wheel or do you mean those things that have electric motors
    that make them appear to be turning when the car is stopped?

    J. Clarke, Aug 6, 2009
  16. Pat

    SMS Guest

    D. Peter Maus wrote:

    Reminds me of Sarah Palin's interview with Katie Couric where Palin
    could not name a single magazine that she had read, or a single supreme
    court decision other than Roe v. Wade. No doubt our troll will now rush
    onto Google and desperately search for the name of a test.

    Maybe you should have made this multiple choice...

    SMS, Aug 6, 2009
  17. I'll do no such thing, you useless psychotic troll. People like you do
    that. (How many more people are going to have to expose you for the
    psychotic role-playing troll that you are before you quit?) I'll instead
    happily and honestly explain that I've not taken an IQ test in over 25
    years. I could care less what they were called back then. I took so many of
    them, at the insistence of those curious about my abilities. They never
    helped explain a thing for me. Easily dismissed as inconsequential nonsense
    in my life.

    Not unlike you, inconsequential nonsense.

    Entertainment!, Aug 6, 2009
  18. Wow! A yahoo mailbox! Yes, I believe you really are a different person now!
    Especially with a real name like "I v". How's your parents doing, Mr. and
    Mrs. v?

    Did the overwhelming sarcasm come through? Sometimes sarcasm fails to get
    conveyed in text properly.

    <exaggerated eye-roll>

    Troll Amplifier, Aug 6, 2009

  19. LOL!

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009
  20. If it's so easily dismissed in your life, why do you remind us of
    it here?

    This thread reminds me of the geek who brags about having the
    biggest, fastest, most nimble computer, but spends his days talking
    about his computer instead of getting his tasks done and getting out
    among the rabble for some fun.

    Stop talking about your fps, and start snapping the shutter. Only
    then is your fps relevant.

    D. Peter Maus, Aug 6, 2009