Samba beats Windows 2003 in file serving performance

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dolly, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Dolly

    Dolly Guest

    Dolly, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Dolly

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Dolly

    hugh jass Guest

    Always nice to respond to a post with a question of your own.
    Keeps 'em guessing!

    --
    ______________________
    : :
    : > Article by ITWeek shows Samba beats Win2003 file serving by 2.5
    : > times! How is this possible? Shouldn't file serving native in
    : > Windows be faster?
    : >
    : > http://go.jitbot.com/samba3-beats-win2k3
    : >
    : > -- Dolly
    :
    : Hi
    :
    : I don't have a clue about server clients/software.
    :
    : My question (on a lower level) because IE is native to Windows (MS)
    : should it be faster than any other browser?
    :
    : Nice graph btw. :)
    : http://www.itweek.co.uk/ITWeek/itw_graph_1144289.jsp
    :