    Echy
    Melbourne, Australia
    www.visitvictoria.com

    Echy, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Echy

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:21:00 +1000, in message
    Any extensions (see Tools -> Extensions) are disabled while in safe mode.

    The default theme is used, not any other theme which you have may have
    selected (see Tools -> Themes).

    See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#troubeshoot-addons

    Ralph Fox, Aug 27, 2005

  3. I had a similar question some time back - however it turned out
    that I was not in 'Safe mode' at all - despite starting Firefox
    via Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
    Why did I think I was not in safe mode? My 'Gmail notifier' and my
    other extensions were still there, working as normal.

    Although I never quite resolved the issue satisfactorily - I put it down
    to running the Firefox Preloader at start up.

    Question - do you have Firefox Preloader installed?

    Vartkes

    [email protected], Aug 27, 2005
  4. Echy

    Echy Guest

    To be perfectly honest I don't know what Firefox Preloader is !
    Originally I downloaded 1.06 from the Firefox site.

    However I too still have extensions working ??

    Echy

    Echy, Aug 27, 2005
  5. Echy

    Echy Guest

    I use the default theme by choice but as far as I can see all my
    extensions are there & working ??

    Echy

    Echy, Aug 27, 2005
  6. OK, Firefox preloader is a program which speeds up the
    the loading up (start up) of Firefox program itself by pre-loading
    some components.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader/

    However, if you do not know of it, then this cannot be the problem.

    Have you tried exiting from Firefox via 'File' > 'Exit' (instead of just
    closing it via the 'x')

    and then

    'Start' > 'All Programs' > 'Mozilla Firefox' > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    [email protected], Aug 27, 2005
  7. Echy

    Echy Guest

    Thanks again for your help. I will use this method ..... but the funny
    thing (good thing) is that Firefox has been working OK of late in what I
    thought/think is Safe Mode.

    Echy

    Echy, Aug 27, 2005