    even DVD-Audio, for that matter) through the optical audio connecion?

    I can get it to do 2-channel composite, but it won't send an optical
    signal and I can't figure out why.

    nomis, Dec 1, 2004

  2. nomis

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Not possible.

    Because SACD and DVD-Audio are output ONLY from the 6 channel analog
    outputs.

    Pug Fugley, Dec 1, 2004

  3. nomis

    nomis Guest

    So I would need a receiver that has 6 channel analog inputs? Component
    and optical aren't enough?

    nomis, Dec 1, 2004
  4. nomis

    nomis Guest

    Okay, 5 more minutes of research tells me my receiver HAS Multi-channel
    inputs (whew! -- and there's even a note explaining that in the manual
    I missed).

    Question 1 is this: Which is better, Multi-Channel or Optical? Should I
    be watching DVD movies using the Multi-Channel analog ports for sound?
    The manual seems to imply this is best.

    Question 2: regular composite cables'll do the trick?

    Thanks to "Pug", btw.

    nomis, Dec 1, 2004
  5. nomis

    Biz Guest

    Use the 6 channel inputs for multichannel music. Use the digital connection
    for dvd movies, and let your receivers decoder handle all the DD/DTS duties.
    They can be connected all the time, its not like you have to disconnect one
    to use the other.

    Biz, Dec 1, 2004
  6. nomis

    nomis Guest