    re-list, still no action from the seller. so...

    Does anyone on this list have a spare cable they are wanting to sell

    Cheers

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005

  2. asterix

    Harry Guest

    You can buy a svideo/rca converted from dick smith. They have them
    available by mail order, and most shops stock them.
    And you can use a svideo-svideo and/or rca-rca extension cable.

    You have my permission to join two or three cables together.

    Harry, Jul 3, 2005

  3. asterix

    asterix Guest

    I went into the nearest dick smith store on Thursday, and they were out of
    stock of both the cable and the converter.
    Also I would prefer the cable - just easier I guess

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005
  4. asterix

    James West Guest

    just buy a 10M Svideo cable and be done with it

    you CAN NOT get a cable to convert Svideo to a single RCA
    composite signal

    James

    James West, Jul 3, 2005
  5. asterix

    asterix Guest

    asterix, Jul 3, 2005
  6. asterix

    Richard Guest

    Yes you can, it just sums the 2 signals to the one plug. Not the best but it
    will do the job

    Richard, Jul 3, 2005
  7. asterix

    Tony Guest

    Most 3D cards come with a S-Video to RCA composite adapter, was yours left
    out of the box or the installer never gave it to you.

    All the cards I have ever bought have and that is a Few..

    They use one of the 2 Earth Pins in the S-Video connector for the Composite
    output.

    Tony, Jul 3, 2005
  8. asterix

    Tony Guest

    Well all of my cards come with them as its fed on the earth pin of the
    S-Video socket..

    Plus Long S-Video cables do not work to well, the Colour gets out of sync with
    the Luminance

    I have done some test with this..

    Tony, Jul 3, 2005
  9. asterix