    from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
    monitor.

    Any ideas?

    PeteR, Aug 27, 2007

  2. PeteR

    DanR Guest

    Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
    Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
    Uncheck "Use overlays".
    Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
    you end up with black square.
    I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
    And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
    WMP11 does not use overlays.
    (& no advanced menu button)

    DanR, Aug 28, 2007

  3. PeteR

    PeteR Guest

    Excellent many thanks - also to Deimos - seems to have solved (for now
    ;-)

    PeteR, Aug 28, 2007