S&V Portable DVD Player, Model S&V3270 - making Multizone

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by crackerjacker, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Just bought one of the S&V 7" Portable DVD Players (Model S&V 3270)
    from Countdown Supermarket (I think Foodtown and Woolworths also carry
    S&V but not sure if they have same model). Price was $170.

    Out of the box it is set to play only Region 4 DVD's that are for this
    part of the world.

    In case anyone wants to know, the unlock code that works with this
    model is 9735.

    Turn on DVD Player without a disc inside. Keep tray CLOSED.

    Using remote, enter in 9 7 3 5. You won't see anything on screen while
    doing this. After the four digits are entered, a menu should appear on
    screen, with Region 4 highlighted. Change it to Region 0 and now you
    should be able to play other region DVD's.

    So if anyone has been looking to buy a portable DVD Player that can be
    made multizone, now you can. Please note that this code only applies to
    the model discussed here. Although it may work for some others, I
    cannot guarantee anything.

    Incidentally, I have also purchased (a while ago now) a S&V combined
    14" TV and DVD Player, Model DTA1492, however I have had no luck in
    making this multizone.

    I hope this has been helpful to someone.

    crackerjacker, Dec 11, 2006