    4x, but I'd think that 16x would have better something-or-other
    and maybe be more reliable? Or is it like putting premium gas
    in car that doesn't need it?

    (PeteCresswell), May 28, 2007

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    def456 Guest

    Does your recorder's manual say it will accept 4x RW DVDs? If not, forget
    it. If so...
    Try a different brand of disc. Also try a 8x. Rule of thumb: to get good
    burns, burn at half of the maximum rated speed of a disc.

    def456, May 28, 2007

  3. Per def456:
    Bingo!.... I guess I'll spring for another batch - but faster
    than 4x.

    Thanks.

    (PeteCresswell), May 28, 2007
  4. Do they make DVD-RW faster than 4x?

    Dietmar Haltermann, Jun 13, 2007
  5. (PeteCresswell)

    Phisherman Guest

    I have burned thousands of 8x DVDs on a 8x writer without any
    problems. I use genuine Taiyo Yuden R8X premium DVDs which cost a
    dime more than generic brands. Brands DO matter.

    Phisherman, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Per Dietmar Haltermann:
    I could be wrong... but I'm pretty sure I saw 16x last time I was
    in Staples.

    (PeteCresswell), Jun 14, 2007
  7. (PeteCresswell)

    Bill Guest