    Is this bare bones release in anamorphic widescreen? It doesn't say so on
    the case, so probably not. Curious, I'd like to get it.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Aphelion

    Specialk Guest

    I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
    I checked IMDB and widescreenreview.com. According to both sites, the
    DVD is anamorphic.

    Specialk, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Aphelion

    Aphelion Guest

    I've been interested in picking up this movie so I was curious myself.
    Don't believe IMDB. I looked up some of my non-anamorphic titles for
    comparison and it also lists them as anamorphic. Widescreenreview seems
    like a good source though.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Aphelion

    Specialk Guest

    That's why I checked both sites. I figure if they agree, the info is
    probably correct.

    BTW, I think Ruthless People is one of the funnies movies of the '80s.
    Its been on my wish list since I started collecting DVDs, but for some
    reason I just haven't picked it up yet. I'm going to have to bump it
    up on my buying queue.

    Specialk, Nov 25, 2004
  5. It's anamorphic. I own it.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Aphelion

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Use this as your reference instead:

    http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3

    7 reviews of this title to choose from. If you see a consensus there,
    that's your answer.

    Joshua Zyber, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Aphelion

    PW Guest

    Yes it is.

    Although the print used is not in the best shape. Some colors bleed
    and appear flat, and blacks appear faded at times. Still worth getting though.
    It's way better than VHS. Although I wish they would have used the original
    "cartoonish" looking cover art that was on the VHS (or even the original
    movie poster of the gold screw) instead of the awful DVD cover it has now.

    And what really makes me mad is that an older title like Ruthless People
    gets an anamorphic release by Touchstone, but one of my faves THE REF
    (a newer title made 8 years after RP by the same studio) isn't.

    "I love wrong numbers!"

    PW, Nov 25, 2004