    Do I have any other options?

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Apr 17, 2006

  2. Paul Carter

    Stirrer Guest

    Call Wise Net in Masterton and ask if they have extended their Wairarapa
    coverage into Hawkes Bay yet.
    Other options - check out Farmlands company - if you're a member-customer
    (and it's worth joining for this...) they can organise broadband connection
    via whatever works for your location at no cost. You only pay for what you
    up.download.

    Hope this helps.

    Stirrer, Apr 18, 2006

  3. Paul Carter

    Paul Carter Guest

    Farmlands Internet access is provided by Farmside. The satelitte charges are
    too high for me. See here;

    http://www.farmside.co.nz/FarmsideBBProvision/request.asp?PID=130

    Those prices are GST exclusive. $100 per month for a 1Gig data cap? I don't
    think so. Also they have a 3 year minimum contract period!
    Thanks for your reply.

    Paul

    Paul Carter, Apr 18, 2006
  4. Paul Carter

    brazen Guest

    You're not in the city now, your options are limited. Thats roughly what we
    pay for wireless. (and we had to pay $400+ for hardware).

    Check out who provides broadband to your local school. If they have got
    wireless as part of Project Probe then there might be a wireless service
    available from their supplier that you *might* be able to get. Otherwise you
    have Farmside, and are very lucky to have that as there has been no other
    options for broadband before that.

    And dialup is likely to be bad, cut-off-lots dialup too.

    Hope this helps

    Gay

    Gay

    brazen, Apr 19, 2006