    change the browser settings to 32 (according to their tech page). What are
    the implications for this to my system? Will it effect other programs? And if
    it's OK to do, HOW the heck do I do it?

    Guest, Feb 14, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Oh, and also, the site states that I can run a 32-bit browser on a 64-bit
    operating system...

    Guest, Feb 14, 2007

  3. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    XP x64 comes with both a 64 bit and a 32 bit Internet Explorer. The 32 bit
    one is in Program Files (x86). Flash and other ActiveX controls will work
    fine if you use the 32 bit IE. There are at present virtually no 64 bit
    ActiveX-type plugins.

    Add a shortcut to the 32 bit IE on your Quick Launch or Desktop, and use
    that for browsing when you need the Flash/ActiveX functionality.

    Jane C, Feb 14, 2007
  4. Jane is correct, and there are no problems with using the 32-bit browser.
    That's why XP x64 comes with both. Some of us even view the lack of Flash in
    the 64-bit browser as a virtue. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 14, 2007
  5. Guest

    Stuart Guest