    I have a laptop that for some reason will close any running apps
    whenever I resume from system standby. It is running Windows XP Pro.
    Any ideas on what I can try here? Thanks for any help on this.

    pmeadows, Jan 13, 2009

  2. pmeadows

    why? Guest

    Don't forget to remember not to say what make/model of laptop...
    .... perhaps which SP.... is it always been like this .... it only
    started after .....?
    Don't use standby, since you say any apps rather then some apps.

    Does the same thing happen after hibernate?

    1st couple of hits for Microsoft troubleshooting standby, odd that since
    XP is made by MS.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+xp+standby+problems
    Results 1 - 10 of about 1,170,000 for windows xp standby problems. (0.33
    seconds)

    How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
    Explains that you may experience one or more symptoms when a computer
    enters or leaves hibernation or standby. Provides methods to resolve or
    avoid this ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477 - Similar pages -

    Computer does not enter standby mode if Power Options profile is ...
    If you set the system standby time to 45 or more minutes, the Idle Task
    .... To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows
    XP. ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310601 - Similar pages -

    Standby Issues
    1 Jan 2005 ... Problems If Computer Is Set to Standby After 45 or More
    Minutes ..... Windows XP Cannot Enter Standby Mode When Window Media
    Player Is ...
    www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm - 43k - Cached - Similar pages -

    MS XP newsgroups vis Google interface
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=usenet=microsoft.public.windowsxp,&