    will never actually start, but gets stuck on "starting." It seems
    because of this, some programs act like they are missing files or
    something.

    Piccolo, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Piccolo

    Piccolo Guest

    Category: None
    Company Name: Microsoft Corporations
    Date: 10/8/2004
    Event ID: 7022
    File Name: netevent.dll
    File Version: 5.1.2600.0
    Product Name: Microsoft Windows Operating..
    Product Vers: 5.1.2600.0
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Time: 3:48:58 PM
    Type: None

    The only thing I have found was about a backgroung
    inteligent updater...udate. I have installed all of the
    updates for Windows XP as of 2 weeks ago. I cannot
    install anything now though because the system does not
    think I have administrative rights.

    Piccolo, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Piccolo,

    Try Start, Run, "sfc /scannow" and have your XP cd handy.

    -L

    Locke Nash Cole, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Piccolo

    Piccolo Guest

    Thanks, tried that recently, I did notice one thing I did not before.
    The service is called "uspserv". Path to executable is
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs.

    I have ran sfc /scannow and am not sure if it did anything, but it did
    not fix the problem. I have run 3 different anti-virus programs, and 3
    different spyware detection programs. It is set to logon as Local
    System account which I believe is normal. It has no dependencies, and
    on my other XP machines the service does not show up at all under the
    services.msc. Although I think it may only be showing up because there
    is a problem and it is normally hidden.

    Piccolo, Oct 10, 2004