    get an error.
    But if I copy it to the 32-bit machine, then run it, it works fine.

    Can anyone explain to me why it won't run from the 64-bit share?

    jceddy, Oct 13, 2006

  2. jceddy

    jceddy Guest

    Turns out it is a C# application (.NET Framework 2.0), if that makes
    any difference...

    jceddy, Oct 13, 2006

  3. There is absolutely nothing that cares whether the share is from a 64bit
    machine or a 32-bit machine. But there can be lots of reasons why ANY
    executable will decline to run off a remote share.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 13, 2006
  4. jceddy

    Tim Won Guest

    If you have hard coded paths (system32 or programfiles) you could have a
    problem. Without knowing what the program is tryoing to do or why it fails
    it is hard to tell

    Tim Won, Oct 13, 2006
  5. Hello,
    Correct A share doesn't care whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit.
    Knowing the error what happens when the exe fails would be interesting.
    One thing that comes to mind however is that when I launch and exe from a
    folder the search path always starts with the path that the exe resides in
    By copying it local you change the search path of the executable, but that
    has nothing to do with the bitness of the application
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    <From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>