  1. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Consultant Guest

    new updates

    Consultant, Jun 2, 2004

  2. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    Don't worry KPG, I'm sure JOhn will sleep sometime.....
    Sound like your advocating sleeping with the enemy?

    my, my, my...

    kpg

    kpg, Jun 2, 2004

  3. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    Disc Golf? Real men don't play disc golf!

    (and I thought we already established that I'm a real man)
    Really?

    Disc Golf huh?

    Is it easier the *real* golf?

    Can I use the same clubs? (There're custom made, since I'm tall, dark, and
    left handed)

    How big are the holes?

    How do you tee up a disc?

    kp "Since I'm a beginner I yell Five! instead of Fore!" gee

    kpg, Jun 2, 2004
  4. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Uh oh. I'm clearing out of here. Someone email me when the blood stops
    flying and the dust settles.

    Was nice to know ya, kp "I should backpedal so Fris doesn't snap" g.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Real men compete at disc golf.
    Uh huh.
    Real golf IS disc golf. That other golf we call "ball golf"
    You'll need the tall, dark, left-handed discs then.
    Pole holes. Pretty big.
    On a concrete tee pad, hopefully.
    Or if you're an auctioneer, you yell "Four-fifty!"

    http://www.pdga.com

    Our local club: http://www.med.ufl.edu/anatomy/todd/discgolf.html

    --
    Fris "No jokes about Todd's anatomy, please" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 2, 2004
  6. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    OK, you stated this before. Yes, the cheating only applies to the
    certification newsgroups, but it applies 100% to the certification
    process, and 110% to the professional regard for the people certified. So,
    by inference, microsoft and it's products and personnel are also tainted
    by the process. MCSE has become a joke in professional circles, John, and
    this cheating is a large part of the reason.

    By allowing it to propagate on microsoft's own servers, you give the
    appearance of condoning the behavior. A rule of conduct that reduces the
    cheating _should_ apply to all MS newsgroups. The fact that it occurs most
    often in 1% or so of them is irrelevant. Slavery only occurs in less than
    1% of the world, does that mean the rest of the world should fail to make
    it illegal?

    The attitude that we should just ignore the posts that are offensive,
    lame, cheats, ignorant, or whatever, is tantamount to the pro-spammers who
    tell us that e-mail spam is not a problem, no need to make an issue about
    it. Why, all that needs to be done is delete it from your in-box!

    I'm glad ms has seen fit to have you spend some time in here, John, even
    if for the wrong reasons. Hopefully, you will see first hand the offenses
    to all reason that occur in our world. When you read the posts from
    supposed MCSE's (like the one today) that haven't a clue how to find info
    about their own certifications on ms's website. When you see the blatant
    spamming for dumpsites like testking. When you see new MCP's bragging
    about how they dumped their way through an exam. Perhaps you will share
    our disgust for the farce that the ms certification process has become.

    Then maybe, just maybe, you will be able to have some effect within ms to
    change the situation.

    One can only hope.

    J.R.

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  7. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  8. OK, you stated this before. Yes, the cheating only applies to the
    As if his paymasters give a damn.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  9. Man, I'll NEVER use all 16K of RAM. That's a LOT of RAM!

    Could you not use some of it as ram disk?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  10. Yes, I have a complaint. I want an office like all you Microsofties.

    Whereabouts?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  11. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004
  12. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    Whereabouts?

    Well one in the building I'm in would be nice.

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004
  13. I wasn't picking anyone by name, in fact, I hardly noticed who wrote what I
    I disagree.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  14. no more free for now. you know as well as i do there are ways around
    Exactly, plenty of free/pay for proxy servers out there.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  15. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I agree with your disagreement.

    JaR
    Agreeable Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  16. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    I agree with your disagreement.

    I disagree that you agree with his disagreement.

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    There's one down the hall you can use. It has stylish ceramic chairs and
    desks.

    JaR
    Helpful Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  18. Whereabouts?
    does it have a bar?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  19. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I know they don't. They'll keep on merrily churning out paper MCSE's, etc.
    as long as there are dolts out there stupid enough to pay the money. And
    cobol and it's ilk will continue to make money on the process. And our
    certificates will end up worth as much as pre-war Dinars in Iraq.

    But at least I get a chance to vent at somebody that
    actually works for ms for a change.

    JaR
    Vented Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  20. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    Wait a minute. It's all starting to float gently together. I know I'm a
    little slow
    but Whamo! It just hit me. Frisbee - Disc, Disc - Frisbee. Disc Golf. I'm
    starting
    to see a connection here. Wait. Don't tell me. I'll get it. No. No.
    Lost it.

    Nevermind.

    kp "little white balls" g

    kpg, Jun 2, 2004