    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 1, 2004

  2. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Hands down PotM

    --
    Fris "Otter" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 1, 2004
  4. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    It was at my High school. I considered myself lucky to get to use it as
    the other option was teh big 'ole IBM with the punch cards ("let's go
    trip the kid with a box full of punch cards. that should take him a day
    or two to put back in order")

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  5. You're just a young 'un. Geeze, computers in high school? I didn't even
    have computers in college. Well, of course they had the "mini" computer,
    but I was the only person in the whole danged college who had their own
    computer... a new-fangled TRS-80 Model I.

    --
    Fris "It made me popular with the college chicks" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 1, 2004
  6. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    true, I'm just a child...(no really, why don't you believe me?)

    the TRS-80 model I in our school arrived my final year in high school. I
    don't even remember the model number of the IBM...

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  7. feh... I started with 4k and upgraded later to a whopping 16k.

    That's because you're just plain greedy.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 1, 2004
  8. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:15:33 -0400, Frisbee® extemporised:

    Seconded.

    JaR
    Grateful Thug

    JaR, Jun 1, 2004
  9. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    Taranna? I tot youse spelled it Tranna?

    Nah, youse is too far west ta say
    bye, eh.
    Yes but true to my generous nature, I have graciously allowed the use of
    the term by any MCNGP. The minuscule annual stipend that I shall be
    billing that august society will more than defray the massive costs
    involved in the granting of the rights. Or at least, so I am assured by my
    attorneys.

    JaR
    Philanthropic Thug

    JaR, Jun 1, 2004
  10. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    Hands down PotM
    Cool. Can I put that on my resume?

    Awards Received:

    Winner of three coveted PotD and one PotM.

    kpg, Jun 1, 2004
  11. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I would.

    And [cough] do.

    JaR
    Modest Thug

    JaR, Jun 1, 2004
  12. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    you are really too good to us. I'm sure you will be eligable for the tax
    deduction as well. (we are a non-profit group aren't we?)

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  13. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    <snip>

    That was, without a doubt, the most beautiful thing I have ever read.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 1, 2004
  14. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    can we have this posted somewhere on our website? Sounds to me like the
    preable to the MCNGP bill of rights or something...

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  15. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    That was, without a doubt, the most beautiful thing I have ever read.
    Aw, gee, thanks.

    It could still use a little polish there at the end I think.
    But generally yes, I am proud of it.

    To show how little of a life I have, I woke up in a cold
    sweat a 4 AM because this thing just popped into my
    head and I was compelled to write it down.

    I should get out more.

    kpg

    P.S.

    On an unrelated subject, pray for me, I just took up
    golf for relaxation. Don't ask my handicap, not just yet.

    kpg, Jun 1, 2004
  16. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    You are welcome.

    In nominae Patri, et Filii, et Spiritu Sancte;

    Amen.

    You poor sod. Golf for relaxation? Hahahahahaha!!!! That would kinda be
    like me Telnetting into this muthafscking Pick DB over the weekend just
    for fun and practice.

    JaR
    Duffer Thug

    JaR, Jun 1, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Kat Guest

    Jes-us! That just makes me want to cry *sniffle*

    Kat, Jun 1, 2004
  18. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    isn't this an oxymoron?

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  19. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    On a note related to your unrelated note, I had a hole-in-one yesterday. Of
    course, it was at Bunsey's Par 3, but still...I was quite impressed with my
    pure skill. And my luck. Picture this: Slight breeze blowing right at me,
    seemingly coming directly from the pin. My buddies laughing it up, cracking
    jokes about the last hole, which I triple-bogey'd. They're behind me,
    telling me how horrible I am. I'm at the tee, taking a few practice swings,
    nice and easy. I settle into my stance. Birds chirp, crickets play their wav
    file. All is silent except for the sounds of nature and the tractor trailer
    honking at the intersection on the other side of the fence. I eye the ball,
    I tell myself to concentrate on hitting it squarely, and getting close to
    the green. Backswing, slight pause, begin swing....crack! Solid! Ball lofts
    high from my pitching wedge. I stand there smiling, impressed with what I've
    done. The ball reaches its peak, and I realize that it's right on course. On
    course to land on the green, not too far from the pin. As the ball descends,
    I hear my friend shout, "Look! he's not going to triple-bogey!" Now, full of
    confidence, I turn and smile, chuckle a bit, and spin back towards the green
    in time to see the ball land about a foot shy and to the left of the pin. I
    pump my fist into the air and let out a shout of excitement. But no sooner
    had I finished the fist pump (and, perhaps, hyper-extended my elbow....)
    than the ball had rolled up to the pin and promptly disappeared. I didn't
    bother to wait for my friends to tee off - I shot up the fairway with one of
    my buddies right behind me. As we reached the green, neither of us could see
    the ball. My stomach was, at that point, in my throat, full of anxiety and
    nerves. I step onto the green, take a few steps towards the pin, and lean
    over, only half expecting to see the ball. But I do! I bend over and pull
    the ball gently out of the cup, turn towards my friends 100 yards away at
    the tee, and heave the ball right at them, again shouting with excitement.
    Take that! The ball lands and rolls towards them. One of them picks it up
    and puts it in his pocket. We're saving that as evidence of the most
    incredible minute in the history of Bunsey's Par 3 golf course.

    Thus concludes the wondrous, amazing story of my Memorial Day.

    Oh, wait. Then we went back, fired up the grill, and had a few beers. There,
    that concludes the story.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 1, 2004
  20. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    Thus concludes the wondrous, amazing story of my Memorial Day.

    I got par once...

    Jtyc, Jun 1, 2004