  1. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Zenner Guest

    You go Girl (or Guy)!...you get two snaps and a "Hell Yes!" for that one.

    Zenner, May 29, 2004

  2. Hi Beoweolf,

    By offensive I was referring primarily to the use of foul language--while I
    am not offended by it, many users are and it is against the rules of conduct
    for these groups posted at

    I think if you check the history of the newsgroup you will find that I do
    speak out against the cheaters and braindumps.
    I also point users to legitimate resources for study.

    I do not want to moderate the newsgroups and would HATE to have John's job,
    but before you bash him for the way he does his job you need to understand
    that he has a set of rules that he MUST follow to avoid the cries of
    censorship that would surely arise with wholesale removal of posts.

    The only posts that can be removed are those which violate the code of
    conduct which he published here.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, May 29, 2004

  3. Hi kpg,

    Very well put!

    There is no need to modify the rules of conduct--the MCNGP can continue
    their good work AND stay within the rules. It is a fine line to walk, but I
    have faith the members of MCNGP can do so.
    Chalk will lose his favorite catchphrase, but I know he will come up with
    another to convey his intent that stays within the rules <G>

    Larry Samuels, May 29, 2004
  4. The only posts that can be removed are those which violate the code of
    And in all truth, Larry, this would be a real empty group.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  5. Chalk will lose his favorite catchphrase, but I know he will come up with
    lol!

    I'll work on this weekend!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  6. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    :-o

    Say it ain't so!

    kpg

    kpg, May 29, 2004
  7. Say it ain't so!

    no, no just kidding!!

    It's hard to improve on perfection!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  8. John Eddy [MSFT]

    TechGeekPro Guest

    No "rules of conduct against blatant cheating posts"? Are you fugging (note:
    that's not a profane word) kidding me!? So let me get this straight; you
    [Microsoft] are willing to go after those who pirate copies of your software
    but make no effort to stop "blatant cheating". I guess that shows yet again
    that Microsoft is *only* concerned with their bottom line. They'll go after
    pirates because that affect their profits but don't actively try to prevent
    "blatant cheating" because even cheaters have to pay for the exams.

    So, what then is the point of working to obtain the MCSE if any a**f*cking
    cheater can get the same credential with virtually no effort or fear of
    retribution.

    I guess after all of the time, work, and money, when I finally get my MCSE
    certificate, it's only use to me will be to wipe my a** with. Oh well, at
    least M$ got their exam fees.

    TechGeekPro, May 29, 2004
  9. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    hot under the collar TGP? stepping away from the group has given me a bit
    of perspective and the oppritunity to let my blood pressure fall as well.
    I would not give up on the certification process, even if braindumping
    losers who cheat thier way through cheapen the certification. I believe
    that what a person gets out of thier certification is what they put in.
    Every exam I pass is proof that I have learned the product on my own,
    without cheating. And my employer sees that on a daily basis. Something
    the brindumpers will never be able to say.

    Is MS wrong in this little battle? I think so. Is there position
    completely without merit? I dunno about that. We may occasionally ride
    some people a little too hard, before gaining a few facts. (I know I have
    done this myself). Some certainly deserve much _MORE_ than we give them.

    I will hang around, hassle those who really deserve it, and pass on the
    names of the cheaters to MS.I just hope that MS does something about it
    for a change.

    Neil, May 30, 2004
  10. I believe
    As it should be no free lunch...
    As the majority would agree.

    ms need to forget this concept of mass producing mcp's.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 30, 2004
  11. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    If you are gonna keep saying this, well sorry.

    It's oughta.

    Why I oughta.

    Pedants R Us.

    JaR
    Spoolchoking Thug

    JaR, May 31, 2004
  12. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    I think you are using the US dictionary. In Canada we are allowed to free
    for this statement. could have been:

    why eye ought to
    or
    y I yotta
    or
    whyIyodda

    We may not allow you to carry a gun in the Great White North, but feel
    free to butcher the English language....(I think that may be Quebec's
    influence)

    Neil, May 31, 2004
  13. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    Canayjuns shouldn't oughta be allowda talk english atall.

    Oot n aboot.

    Y'all.

    JaR

    JaR, May 31, 2004
  14. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    so the Quebecer's tell us....

    Neil, May 31, 2004
  15. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    NO ONE SAYS THIS!!!! (well, except americans)

    Neil, May 31, 2004
  16. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    And all my Canuck relatives that live in B.C., Alta., and Sask. And all
    their friends, and all the Canadians that come through here on vacation,
    and...

    Ok, you win, other than them, nobody says this.

    Over and oot.

    JaR
    ..5 Canuck Thug

    JaR, May 31, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Brat Guest

    intriguing how our "friend" John Eddy has not addressed ANY of our concerns
    posted here... makes you wonder... well let's see if he is true to his word
    in replying to the abuse email I sent him as he requested we do... I bet
    nothing happens... again "do as I say, not as I do".

    Brat, Jun 1, 2004
  18. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    I don't know what yer on aboot! Eye's listens to all the byes and nun
    udem says oot and aboot. we don't warsh our hends and yer oot of line ta
    say we says Taranna, Ontario. (ok yeah we say that last one and some of
    my east doast freinds do the "Aye, bye" thing. but I swear I don't hear
    anyone doing that and I lived in Alta and Man, with Family in BC. Maybe
    my ear refuses to hear it)

    1.0 Canuck (I can't claim the Thug part as it's copywritten<grin>)

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  19. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    but hope springs eternal. (Naivity) but then spring surprise...

    "Ah, that's one of our specialalities. Covered in dark velvety chocolate,
    when you pop it into your mouth stainless steel bolts spring out and
    plunge through both cheeks."

    Neil, Jun 1, 2004
  20. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Guest Guest

    "Wha - a raw frog? Don't you even take the bones out?
    "If we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy now, would it?"

    Guest, Jun 1, 2004