    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

    Torquemada
    JaR Thug

    JaR, May 28, 2004

  2. and pour spoling si my tihng.

    No, it is mine.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004

  3. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    So you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions.
    Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  4. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I was specifically referring to John's comment about conduct in NG
    postings, actually.

    JaR

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  5. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I miss my old Apple II with the dual floppies and the acoustic coupler.

    JaR
    Basic Thug

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  6. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    NOT THE COMFY CHAIR!!!
    AAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh...........

    JaR
    Tortured Thug

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  7. I miss my old Apple II with the dual floppies and the acoustic coupler.

    the best

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  8. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    with updates

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  9. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    Now -- you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only a
    cup of coffee at eleven.

    (violating rules of conduct yet again as we are SOOOOOOOOOO of topic)

    Neil, May 29, 2004
  10. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Brat Guest

    Message ID's? You mean header info? Perhaps the header information that is
    masked when people post anonymously from the ms web site? How does MS
    propose to monitor and regulate something it helps create and fester? How
    can you take action against someone who uses your own web site to post and
    mask his/her personal info? If MS can master its own faults, then perhaps
    you will get more complaints. But until that happens, we are faced with
    seeing that crap day in and day out... week in and week out... heck... year
    in and year out...

    I have been seeing this crap for over 3 years that I have been coming here.
    So you can state that you are here to monitor this newsgroup but you cannot
    when about 50% (guesstimate) are posted anonymously from your own employers
    site with no traceable identification. Once you master that problem, then
    come to us and perhaps we can give your ways an honest try.

    In the meantime, the rest of us that have to face this stuff day in and day
    out are doing what we can to help those willing to help themselves... to
    promote honesty and integrity within the certifications... to uphold the
    standard we hold so dear. That does not make us above anyone else... but it
    does raise the bar.

    If you want to monitor this group, start by making the anonymous characters
    accountable for their actions... prevent them from asking for braindumps on
    your own site... stop the spam from the same site... stop anonymous logins
    completely... allow them to post but force them to log in... to register
    with valid email accounts... after all, MS has promoted the use of
    authenticated users for years... while allowing anonymous but limited
    access... is this more of "do what I say, not what I do?"

    but I digress... you go on with your "monitoring" and when you have chased
    everyone with a standard out of this group and are left with only the
    braindumpers and spammers that are posting from the ms site, this group will
    fail... and that is a fact

    Happy Monitoring

    Brat, May 29, 2004
  11. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Brat Guest

    first computer I ever used was a Commodore 64 when I was in high school... I
    remember having to write a program that would create an image on the
    screen... dont know why but I made a clown face... it worked too!! I was
    impressed! Got an A+!!! Probably the only one since grade school... well
    until I got to college :p

    Brat, May 29, 2004
  12. first computer I ever used was a Commodore 64

    I liked the Commodore 128, with it's poor old Z80 sitting there doing
    nothing 'cos no one used it in cpm mode!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  13. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Beoweolf Guest

    Offensive? I will accept that you may be offended...shouldn't you be just as
    offended when someone request leads to a Braindump, on an official MS
    newsgroup? I will not assume to know the motive of the Braindumper request,
    it is possible that he is looking for sites that still post braindump as a
    research tool with the intent to expose the pirates, maybe he is
    "undercover"-seeking information on how many users in this newsgroup partake
    of that particular addiction, drug of choice...possibly, just a troll
    wanting to poke the bear.

    Every newsgroup has a culture, one that should be encouraged is Zero
    tolerance for Braindumpers, braindump requests and spammer that offer the
    "service".

    Until that time, or until the "official" moderators/reviewer/MS MSVP spends
    more time addressing the requestors, he should comment only on abuse to
    braindumpers in proportion to his efforts to prevent their posts.

    Too often, people with erstwhile authority think if you control the reaction
    you have controlled the problem...stop the walking on a broken leg, instead
    of setting the fracture. Yes there is less pain, but the future use of the
    limb will be forever tainted by lack of action when it could have restored
    the limb to full function.

    I doubt if most users of braindumps set out to cheat...they fall into it
    because so many Current MCSE and trainers give a wink and a nod to this
    insidious problem. It is embarrassing to be lumped together with these
    parasites. The whole idea of being certified was to present your
    certification to a prospective employer or client to assume him that you
    have at least a minimum expertise in your chosen field. Now, it has come to
    the point that after you present your cert. , you are often asked to take a
    test or interview (often over basic subjects) to prove you are qualified. So
    what good is the certificate, if it doesn't engender confidence on the part
    of the person it is presented to? We have to expect that all MCSE's are not
    the same, that some are better than others...but the certification process
    should allow some comfort that the candidate knows how to administer a
    system, shouldn't it? I have seldom seen anyone abused for asking a
    legitimate question, something befitting the nature of the expressed goals
    of the NG. I have also seen people that first appeared on the NG, that asked
    for directions to Braindumps or tried to argue that braindumps were study
    tools and shouldn't be discriminated against, that users of them shouldn't
    be outcasts...all specious arguments. Most of those that stayed around came
    to understand the reason it was wrong and try to convince others of the
    stupidity of using braindumps to unfairly achieve a certification.

    Summarizing...It is at least as insulting to be assaulted with request for
    braindumps as it supposedly is to chastised for asking. The question for
    today is..."Do you still beat your dog?". The answer is...how do you respond
    to a loaded question or argue against a preconceived, flawed logic. Either
    we are self-policing, with the good and bad that comes form that, or you
    moderate the NG. Choosing to confront those that (however they respond to
    illegal requests) attempt to discourage cheaters, while ignoring the
    cheaters is wrong.

    Beoweolf, May 29, 2004
  14. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    first coputer I ever used was a trashy 80...

    (with a cassette drive)

    Neil, May 29, 2004
  15. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Brat Guest

    old fart lol

    Brat, May 29, 2004
  16. first coputer I ever used was a trashy 80...
    ..... and a whole 1k of ram.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 29, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    It is technically correct to say that this is a Microsoft

    Newsgroup and hence is subject to Microsoft Rules of Conduct,

    but something truly remarkable has happened here that is most

    rare indeed. By either carefully calculated actions or a mere

    accident of fate something has emerged from that dank muck

    that is Usenet, something that is smarter, faster, stronger.

    Here we have a group of individuals that are united through a

    common cause and dedicated to a higher ideal: honesty, hard

    work, and integrity. Their union has produced a sum that is

    greater than its parts. I submit to you that new rules apply to

    this newsgroup. Rules that are not written down anywhere

    except in men's hearts.

    Does this mean that this newsgroug has been hijacked?

    Maybe it does, but one man's terrorist is another man's

    freedom fighter.

    Just as the founding fathers of America took great risk pursuing

    something that they believed in, so have some here. The original

    patriots had a vision, one that by all accounts should have landed

    them at the end of a rope. But they prevailed. They prevailed

    against insurmountable adversity, internal dissent, and external

    aggression. They prevailed because they were men and women

    of principle who fought on the side of right.

    We the people of this newsgroup hold some truths to be self

    evident, that all posters are created equal, with equal rights and

    equal self determination, and hence should be expected to bear

    the burden of personal responsibility and must, yea I say must,

    be held accountable for their actions. If a poster violates the

    most sacred virtue of honesty, is it an injustice, somehow an

    infringement on their rights, to scold them publicly, to point out

    to them and to all the error of their ways? I hope not.

    I say to you that the MCNGP should be judged by their most

    noble and high ideals, not the alleged action of a few bad apples.

    Did they take liberty with one or two [email protected] lamers?

    Yes they did. But if we judge this group by the misguided actions

    of a few, is that not an indictment of news groups in general?

    And if so, is that not an indictment of all of the Internet, and by

    extrapolation America, inventor of the Internet?

    Well, gentlemen, I for one am not going to stand here and

    let you bad mouth the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

    kp "double secret probation" g

    kpg, May 29, 2004
  18. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    why i outta.....kids...grrrrrrrrr

    Neil, May 29, 2004
  19. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    and a 30 minute boot time....

    Neil, May 29, 2004
  20. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    *battle hymn of the republic swells in background as kpg stands in front of
    oversize American flag*

    It's all about pride...

    Neil, May 29, 2004