Rules of Conduct for Microsoft Newsgroups

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by John Eddy [MSFT], May 27, 2004.

  1. If that 'policing' includes personal attacks, I think I'll have to disagree.

    Maybe there are a few people left who actually care about what has
    happened to the value of there certs, which they have worked hard to
    achieve.

    The 'people' I personally attack, are 'people' who have helped ruin
    the reputation of ms certs, and are 'people' I regard as worthless
    scum that have no business infesting our industry. I will continue you
    insult those type of 'people'.

    But hey it's not all down to the dumpers, cheats, counterfeiters &
    lazy ass's, it's also down to you at ms. You could start to change the
    way your 'certification' program works. ms could start by introducing
    lab/practical type exams, which although would not stop all types of
    dumpers, would at least restrict them to the more clever one's.

    In industry does need more MCSE's who ask questions like

    <quote>
    Can someone explain subnetting to me?

    Regards
    John Doe, MCSE + I

    </quote>

    When ms stop churning out idiots, I won't have anyone to attack,
    sounds good, yes?

    All the best

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004

  2. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    funny, first time I hit it nothing (page not found) go in thru the main
    MCSD page and it's fine. still not much on the page.

    what really burns me though is that they can have this:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/security.asp

    and this

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/letter.asp

    and this

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/program/piracy.asp

    posted on the learning web site but there is nothing in thier policy on
    braindumping in the newsgroup.

    Neil, May 28, 2004

  3. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    frustrating. I'm not saying that as an MCSE I have all knowledge, but
    since he would have had to pass the TCP/IP test to gain the MCSE+I
    (something I hold as well) there would be no excuse for this question.
    makes me want to cry...

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  4. that's because microsoft hires those who used braindumps. i mean really,
    did someone say outsourcing?

    I once sent ms a full diagnostic dump which highlighted memory leaks
    in dao libraries. The droid who replied back suggested I increased the
    number of buffers in the config.sys file (...and that I would try
    today's special, which was large fries for the price of regular ones).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  5. i mean really,
    funny

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  6. Fair enough in alt.fan.tellytubbies perhaps

    tellytubbies have standards you know.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  7. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    We are not some dark cabal
    That what they want you to think!

    :-o

    Really, it's stupid. I think it is as simple as this: Political
    Correctness.
    It appears that John's post was designed to appease a certain vocal
    group. Even if MS agrees with the MCNGP it can't say that, not in
    public.

    Like fine wine or cheap beer, the ranting of regulars in this group
    is an acquired taste. And they just plain make sense.

    Fight the power!

    kpg
    converted lamer on the edge

    kpg, May 28, 2004
  8. funny, first time I hit it nothing (page not found) go in thru the main
    You did understand why I said 'updates????', yeah?? If not maybe check
    again...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  9. Well I care that this policy has resulted in the fact that my certs are
    Me too, it's the only reason I come here (well that and I'm bored!).

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  10. MS has put
    You were working with DOS 0.1 (beta) then!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  11. Me too.

    Because these posts really happen.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  12. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    blonde moment (though I am not flaming blonde people ok?)

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  13. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    Shhhh.

    Yes, we really are a dark cabal, and yes, we really have claimed a fiefdom
    on usenet, but for Ghod's sake don't tell anyone.

    You can't imagine how lucrative having a usenet fiefdom is. Just ask Niel,
    he's so well off, he could afford to misplace a Ferrari!

    And don't get me started on the invitations to high society parties.

    JaR
    Princely Thug

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  14. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    That's the only reason I come in here, too. Well that and the fact that
    it's sometimes funny....Three, the *three* reasons that I come in here
    are...

    JaR
    Unexpected Thug

    JaR, May 28, 2004
  15. Well that and the fact that
    you mean always funny.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004
  16. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    ok, ok. maybe not a full 20 but it was DOS 2.0 and those big juicy 5meg
    hard drive partitions that I started off with...I miss using debug to low
    level format a partition.(g=c800:5) You were the tech god if you knew
    what are drive map was back then...sigh...

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    WHat are you thinking man!?!?! you just said that out loud in public.
    back to cabal school for you.
    a) it's spelled Neil. and pour spoling si my tihng.
    b) misplaced my eye. the swarthy thugs left withit as you well know and
    since that time I am still to get any assistance with my breast
    that's not the NG fiefdom that does that, it's the MCP lapel pin.....

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  18. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Neil Guest

    Yes those are the only reasons I come here. and becuase I like to
    porctice ym spollung...so Four, the ***four*** reasons...

    but I wasn't expecting the spanish inquisition

    Neil, May 28, 2004
  19. Actually, there are, and you agree to them every time you take an exam.
    While it would seem that they don't apply to newsgroup postings, they do
    apply to those who are certifying.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, May 28, 2004
  20. ok, ok. maybe not a full 20 but it was DOS 2.0 and those big juicy 5meg
    oh for the good old days....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 28, 2004