    Jtyc Guest

    does it have a bar?

    Bar / restaurant, yes.

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004

  2. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    I disagree with you regarding my agreement with his disagreement.

    And I am unanimous in that!

    JaR
    Firm Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004

  3. I'm no web-master, but yes, our "club" was formed probably around 1997, and
    is about a dozen or so of us. Married life has kept me from playing much at
    all. I only point the club site URL if someone's interested enough to want
    to know anything more about disc golf, but then that's why I always point to
    the PDGA site first.

    One of these days, I'll get back into disc golf full-steam and I'll be
    smashing my discs into trees again, just like the old days.

    --
    Fris "&^&*(% trees!" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 2, 2004
  4. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    No, no. The two are unrelated. Merest of coincidences. Hardly worth
    mentioning. No connection whatever. Move along now, nothing to see here.

    JaR
    Coincidental Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Heh. The guy who owns that page is a real Mac enthusiast.

    He kicks my a$$ in disc golf too, and I'm the one who introduced him to the
    friggin' sport.

    --
    Fris "I can beat him at table tennis, though" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 2, 2004
  6. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    Wait a minute. It's all starting to float gently together. I know I'm a

    Perhaps I should change my name to reflect my activites...

    Something like...

    TwoBallsLostintheWoods

    or maybe...

    ATVStuckintheMud.

    RVJustClobberedaDeer?

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004
  7. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    Just to be fair, I don't think it's right to say that Microsoft is "churning
    out paper MCSEs." While they're not actively (or actively *enough*) trying
    to stop the dumpers/cheaters, I'm quite certain that they're not *helping*
    them. Sure, they're not stopping them, which is bad enough, but at least
    they're not helping them. MS certainly doesn't condone dumping, as evidenced
    by their reccommended study guides. They're just not actively putting an end
    to it. And they should be. But this doesn't mean that MS is "churning out
    paper MCSEs." Testking, allitcertkiller, and the rest are the ones helping
    the dumpers. These companies, like Lumbergh, represent all that is evil and
    unholy, but it's the dumpers who need to be held accountable. Hell, if I
    sell crack[1], I should go to jail. But so should the person who's buying
    it, right?
    That's what I appreciate most about John coming in here. While I don't
    expect him to actually make a difference, as far as the dumping itself is
    concerned, it's good to let MS (if even only one employee) know how I (we)
    feel about the situation. But, with any luck, John can channel our
    complaints to the right departments.

    John, we don't expect you to solve this problem by yourself, we are all
    aware that 1) you're not able to do that - the problem is just too damn big.
    And 2) it's simply not your job. But since you're here, we're asking nicely
    (or at least I am).....please help us address the braindumping issue. By
    informing the appropriate parties of our concerns, seeing as they don't
    respond to us when we complain. Thanks.

    [1] Note the "if". KB ain't be slingin' cane, yo.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 2, 2004
  8. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    I believe that's the bathroom.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 2, 2004
  9. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    No no! Modern art! Swedish furniture! Tiles for easy cleaning if you spill
    coffee!

    Even has modern art picture of office occupant on the door. Check out
    picture of cool chick on door of office next to you!

    JaR
    HR Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  10. Bar / restaurant, yes.

    nice

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  11. I disagree with you regarding my agreement with his disagreement.
    can you be sure of that?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 2, 2004
  12. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    Sorry, but I disagree here. If microsoft was more interested in the
    'quality' rather than the 'quantity' of certified individuals, they could
    do more to assure that the certs meant something.

    For example; I've worked in and around the auto industry for many years,
    and a common certification for shops and mechanics is the Automotive
    Service Excellence, or ASE. While it would be possible for a non-mechanic
    to memorize the answers and pass the exam, an applicant MUST be sponsored
    by an ASE certified employer to take the test. The employer must aver that
    the applicant has worked as a mechanic for $amount of time to qualify. If
    ms insisted on _just_ this, the number of paper certs would dramatically
    decrease, if not disappear. There is always talk of a hands-on
    certification process similar to CCIE. While this would certainly be
    expensive to administer and to achieve, it would certainly mean something
    to an employer.
    I have never intimated that ms *helps* the cheaters. They simply do little
    to nothing to stop them other than giving mouth service to their official
    cant that it is not tolerated.

    Exactly my feeling on the situation.
    And again, AOL!

    JaR

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  13. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    What?

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  14. John Eddy [MSFT]

    TechGeekPro Guest

    TechGeekPro, Jun 2, 2004
  15. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    If I had a pair of white gloves, I'd slap you with them. Because I think I'm
    insulted.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 2, 2004
  16. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  17. John Eddy [MSFT]

    JaR Guest

    If you had a pair of white gloves, you'd deserve it.

    JaR
    Brash Thug

    JaR, Jun 2, 2004
  18. John Eddy [MSFT]

    kpg Guest

    you try to confuse.

    kpg, Jun 2, 2004
  19. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Jtyc Guest

    you try to confuse.

    So? Some people say a cucumber tastes better pickled.

    Jtyc, Jun 2, 2004
  20. John Eddy [MSFT]

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    1 down. 1 to go.