    Checkpoint in the past (1997-8) but never with Cisco firewall.

    I would appreciate it if someone provide me with the basic rules i
    should have a on the PIX 525

    KAS, Oct 2, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    KAS <> wrote:
    :I would appreciate it if someone provide me with the basic rules i
    :should have a on the PIX 525

    There are a lot of examples on cisco.com .

    The PIX is fairly flexible, so it would not be productive for us to
    outline all the possible rules you -might- need.

    The rule type you will need over and over again is the access-list .
    If you plan to configure your 525 though the CLI, you should
    become quite familiar with access-lists:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/ab.htm#wp1067755

    If your access-controls are going to be non-trivial, then I also
    recommend that you use object groups and the 'name' command
    in order to organize the access elements and make them more legible:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/mr.htm#wp1038172
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/mr.htm#wp1026003

    -- Christopher Priest

    Walter Roberson, Oct 2, 2005

  3. KAS

    KAS Guest

    Thank you so much Christopher. Your links are very helpful.
    Take care

    KAS, Oct 2, 2005