    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    DIZZLE

    Dizzledorf, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Dizzledorf

    Mark Weaver Guest

    Even if waterproofing isn't a concern, you might do well with a camera and
    underwater housing. Many compacts have relatively small, inexpensive
    housings available (e.g. under $200).

    Mark

    Mark Weaver, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Dizzledorf

    Dizzledorf Guest

    Mark,

    Thanks for the tip. But do the underwater housings provided shock
    protection as well?

    Dizzledorf, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Dizzledorf

    Ron Risman Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Konica Minolta announced a new Ruggedized digital camera (Model: DG-4W) with
    3.34 Megapixel resolution and is supposed to meet the requirements of the
    Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, and is designed to
    absorb shocks and is both dust and waterproof.
    It also features a 3x optical zoom lens.

    Heres an annoucement page that I found over at Imaging-resource.com
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1079033196.html

    I hope this information helps.

    Ron Risman
    Webmaster
    http://www.cameratown.com

    Ron Risman, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Dizzledorf

    Dizzledorf Guest

    Hi Ron, thanks for the info!

    Unfortunately, the person who wants this camera really wants 5MP or
    greater. I don't think he's printed anything greater than an 8x10...
    ever... but hey, this person is my boss ;)

    Interesting to see how much this model will cost tho...

    DIZZLE

    Dizzledorf, Jun 16, 2004