    Why should an employer give any extra thought to someone with an MCSE
    (or whatever) when they can't be that person has skill's without
    testing me themselves.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004

  2. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    JaR Guest

    Speaking of logic, Gary. Do you have the slightest concept of what the term
    "Troll" means in USENET?

    Just curious.

    JaR
    Thug#22 Wanted in most states and several small countries.

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004

  3. That's off topic for this forum. Feelings are not covered on MCSE exams.

    Bit of a shame really because this does come under the heading of
    'professional issues' within some professional organizations such as
    the ieee.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Great film.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  5. Funny how nobody refutes this claim you've made time and time again.

    It's funny in this context, but not very in reality....

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  6. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Paul Lynch Guest

    I thought it was......

    Damn !!!

    Regards,

    Paul Lynch
    MCSE

    Paul Lynch, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Perhaps we should have a spin-off certification for the group...

    MCNGT for Troll or Thug
    MCNGR for Racketeer (Raqueteer)
    MCNGM for Mafioso

    --
    Fris "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 5, 2004
  8. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Ling663 Guest

    break out your flamethrowers, but I don't get it:: is it the purpos
    of the MCNGP to protect the IT and cert industry by watching thes
    forums for 'newbies' and assaulting and insulting them so they decid
    to leave the field? Obviously I'm missing something here.... oh le
    me finish your thought ( missing my brain?).

    well that's sure a noble cause.

    i was under the impression that newsgroups and user groups are out her
    for the "support" of ppl with common goals, interests, etc. Is it no
    like a support group for cancer patients and others looking for info?

    I must agree that some of the questions here are a tad juvenile to sa
    the least, and require common sense to answer ("what is on the test"
    and other things that one can find by logically going to the MS o
    Comptia websites), but (here i go again) aren't these things here t
    "HELP" each other?
    I applaud paisleyskye's (and others) attempts to keep cert study legi
    and actually help others in this screwed up field.

    go ahead, have fun with me, i have NO certs and spend more time readin
    about them than getting them >> if you're reaming me, maybe you'll b
    leaving someone else alone.

    just couldn't sit and read this stuff anymore, it's both hilarious an
    maddening at the same tiime.

    have a nice da

    Ling66

    Ling663, Jan 5, 2004
  9. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    JaR Guest

    Nah, it's outa fuel.
    Nope. Not remotely possible. Merely venting my own frustration and disgust.
    Can't speak for the others, however.
    As has been repeatedly pointed out. MCSE is not a 'newbie' certification.
    OK? Write that down somewhere. It's only been pointed out a couple dozen
    times in the last few days. As far as the 'assaults', 'insults', 'torture'
    etc. Grow a thicker skin if you expect to make it as a professional
    anything. If your question gets a sarcastic reply, it was more than likely a
    stupid question. This should also be a learning experience. In my office,
    people asking stupid questions are very likely to get a snide or sarcastic
    response. That's how it is in the business world. Get used to it, you are
    not in grade school anymore where the teacher will protect you from the
    bullies.
    *Quirk objection
    You bet! "Common goals, interests, etc." Get it?
    No sh$t!
    See "Common goals & interests"
    Yeah, except she is not. She has her own agenda. She is a trainer. She is
    one of the ones that would have us believe that certification is the way
    into the IT industry. She makes money off of fools who think that letters
    after their name are the key to good jobs in the industry. She, and other
    certification pushers out there are a large part of the reason my MCSA is
    not worth the paper it's printed on, and why I won't spend the $$$ to
    complete MCSE until Microsoft makes the certification mean something.
    If you consider this response a 'reaming', you are in need of help.
    I could not agree more!
    You too!

    JaR
    Wanted dead or alive. Thug# 22

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004
  10. is it the purpose
    I apologize for my ignorance, but I do not know any of 'forums for
    newbies'. so I cannot possible have insulted them.

    The industry needs more intelligent, forward thinking people to become
    IT professionals.
    You are correct.
    No they are provided ny hospice's and other welfare services. However,
    I'm sure there must forums, and maybe be even newsgroups, on such
    matters.
    What do you mean 'here i go again'? You've not said anything!
    So you have no certs, so what? I'm sure your MSc or professional
    qualification(s) has enabled you to enjoy a rewarding career within
    IT.
    So why did you reply to a sub thread about Ohio?
    And you.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  11. Thug#22 Wanted in most states and several small countries.

    Canada's not that small.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  12. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Consultant Guest

    i am italian and resent the generalization of the term mafioso

    Consultant, Jan 5, 2004
  13. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    JaR Guest

    *whoops* Didn't know I was wanted there! Don't tell 'em you saw me!

    JaR
    Thug #22 Wanted in several...etc, etc...and one LARGE country

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004
  14. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    JaR Guest

    I fixed your spelling for you.

    Yer welcome.

    JaR
    Thug #8675309

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004
  15. This should also be a learning experience. In my office,
    As an fourteen year old, got sent for some skyhooks once..........
    once.
    Business world = not for children.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  16. Neither is Alaska, but I wouldn't be too worried if I was wanted by their
    law enforcement.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jan 5, 2004
  17. i am italian and resent the generalization of the term mafioso

    Take him to the court of human rights.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004
  18. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    JaR Guest

    Many moons ago worked in the oil patch as a roughneck. First rig I was on,
    the driller sent me to the top of the derrick with a full 5 gallon can and a
    36" pipe wrench to change the "Crown water"[1] Needless to say, the water
    can and wrench came down sustantially faster than they went up, and the guys
    on the drill floor were runnin' and duckin'.

    [1] Fictitious tank of cooling fluid invented for the sole purpose of
    tormenting 'newbies'

    JaR
    Thug #90210

    JaR, Jan 5, 2004
  19. Relax... we all know that the mafia does not exi*&*)*aadae77

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 5, 2004
  20. Many moons ago worked in the oil patch as a roughneck. First rig I was on,
    Oh for the good old days....

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2004