    Forums, study guides, practice tests, QOD's, InfoSec newsletter, great
    articles, interviews
    with the hottest certification authors and so much more...

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004

  2. in fact I think in a lot of cases they are a hinderance to the
    Once again this is simply not true, unless you class people who post
    questions such as 'Please give the latest questions for 70-215' or
    Trolls who post wind up questions as 'Professionals'.

    Look through this ng and find replies that can be classed as an
    'hinderance' which I have sent in responce to sensible questions. The
    odd humorous reply maybe, but not abusive.

    As far as 'newbies' go, as I have said before, the certification
    process should NOT be classed as an 'entry level' into the profession.
    This is not the way people should be encouraged to get into the
    profession. Look around at all the posts along the line 'Can anyone
    explain sub netting to me?'. Nothing wrong with that question
    (although all network administrators 'should' already understand
    that), until you see the posters sig which says John Doe, MCSE + I,
    Network+, A+. What does that say about the certification program. Oh,
    and no I don't flame those people, although I understand why some do.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004

  3. I agree with you whole heartedly Gary K.

    How can you agree with nonsense?

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  4. I was not the one who fail for a Troll's posting.
    But you did fall for it, and this is what's eating you up!

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  5. No, I think it was a good thing to mention, as you guys seem to think you
    'people with legitimate questions' do not get 'tortured', simply not
    true.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  6. Keep trying to justify yourself if it makes you feel better.

    You're just resorting to silly statements. Larry does not need to
    justify himself to you or anyone else. There is nothing wrong with his
    views which are shared by many others including yourself.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  7. This has nothing to do with publicity.

    I actual meant 'us' rather than you (my mistake free abuse me for it),
    So I was actually thinking of publicity for the MCNGP! Although the
    humorous point work either way!
    I can't see where you get this from. I flame people who deserve it. I
    don't see why Cheats, Braindumpers and stupid incompetent people
    should undermine the certification process any further. Things were a
    lot better back in the mid 90's before scam merchants saw the
    certification process as a way to make a quick buck.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  8. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    But there is something wrong with the MCNGP. You guys have created quite a
    reputation for yourselves. I'm not resorting to silly statements, I'm
    simply hammering the facts.
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  9. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    Kline,

    You can say that all you want, but I cited six incidences in the article -
    and I only put 6 because the article was already long enough. I'm sorry,
    but the emails I get don't even support your statement.

    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  10. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    The emails I have received state otherwise.

    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  11. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Gary K Guest

    I think you need to rethink your position on this. I came here some time
    back, before I had any type of formal education in computing, and was
    lampooned for being stupid because of a lack of knowing correct terminology.
    I knew exactly what I needed to do if I would have been given the help I
    asked for. Instead I was told I was an idiot and unworthy of help.

    You guys try so desperately to maintain your own self-image as being the
    good guys. Too bad your sooooo deeply in denial. You ain't the good guys
    riding to the rescue of the computing industry. You're far from it.

    Gary K, Jan 3, 2004
  12. You can say that all you want, but I cited six incidences in the article

    Which article? You're not still on about 'Maggies Boy' are you?

    Being the sad lonely individual I am I when back looking at replies
    I've made over the past week. I see a few which are rather childish
    (although amusing), I see a lot that target idiots, I saw only one
    which could be seen as somewhat offensive, whereby someone asked for
    information on what they need to do to become mcsd. My reply was 'keep
    waiting' hardly the material which would make someone throw themselves
    off the CN Tower because of mental torture.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  13. Gary,

    I have no time for idiots, that is true and I make no apologies for
    that. I do have plenty of time for people who want to make a start in
    this profession, I am actively involved (even when I'm abroad) in the
    graduate program I help resurrected within the company I work for.

    However, I'll state once again, the mcse/mcsd etc programs should not
    be regarded as an entry into this profession, and as such is not for
    newbies. To me this only undermines the status of the certification
    process. I do not blame people who want to enter the profession by
    trying to gain these certifications, but what is the point of the
    certification if anyone can get them by fair or foul means (I'm not
    suggesting all those who have no experience cheat)?

    I looked through your posts, but I guess as you said, the posts you
    made were some time back, as I could not see any flaming against your
    name. But on that subject, one thing that I believe is absolutely
    vital for anyone to succeed in this profession, is that they have
    initiative. Some of the posts here and elsewhere show a complete lack
    of initiative, which given the amount of freely available knowledge
    contained on the millions of servers across this planet, makes me
    laugh. Questions posted to a certification ng such as 'how do I format
    an ntfs partition?', to me, proves that person is indeed 'unworthily'

    Regarding your jib about 'rescue of the computing industry', I am
    appalled at what I see on a day to day basis within IT. Much of which
    is simply down to incompetence and I feel very strongly about this.
    People simply do not understand what is involved in delivering
    information technology to the business. Understanding how IT fits
    together is not a simple matter and most people seem to have no idea
    about how to achieve this. One thing is for sure the answer is not
    solved by letting every Tom, Dick and Harry lose on a keyboard; that
    was tried during the late 90's and look where that took us.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2004
  14. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    The 6 incidences cited in the article on my site.

    Again, this has nothing to do with Maggies boy. It has to do with the way
    you treat people on the newsgroup.
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 4, 2004
  15. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    Thank you Gary. That's my point exactly - everybody is new at one point or
    another in their lives, and shouldn't be ridiculed for it.
    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 4, 2004
  16. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    |{evin Guest

    They should if they think they can go from not having a clue to 70k
    MCSE by braindumping.

    |{evin, Jan 4, 2004
  17. Thank you Gary. That's my point exactly - everybody is new at one point or
    Absolutely, everyone has to start someone - even I did. However once
    again you miss the point, the mcse/mcsd certification program is not
    for newbies. There are too many 'paper' msce's, the high number of
    which only help reduce the worth of such certification, yet it appears
    you want to encourage more and more. What use is certification if it
    proves nothing about the holder? I want my certification's to mean
    something, not to be the butt of some joke punch line.

    BTW, I see I'm not alone in this view.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2004
  18. Again, this has nothing to do with Maggies boy. It has to do with the way
    I see nothing I've done which can be seen as evil. I can promise you
    that all my post's are sent in good humor, even the remark I made
    about you was; if you were some frail emotionally disturbed
    individual, I certainly would not have entered into this flame war,
    which you started . Yes I have posted replies which are off topic and
    yes, even a little rude, well if people can't she the funny side, well
    I'm glad I did not go to their office Christmas party!

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2004
  19. They should if they think they can go from not having a clue to 70k
    You are in error, one can command $100k by braindumping.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2004
  20. DING DING DING DING DING! We have a winner!!! Unfortunately, if iCertify.net
    were to agree to this premise, she would have to re-engineer her entire
    business as it caters to those with very little or no experience. As such,
    she would never agree to such a premise, even though Microsoft states
    experience as a prerequisite to their certification exams.

    --
    Politician Spock
    MCSA, CCEA, MCNGP #15

    Politician Spock, Jan 5, 2004