    read here. I wish they would all just have the guts to come and speak up
    at the same time.

    Paisleyskye, Good on ya girl. I like your spunk. ;)

    Gary K, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Hi Gary,

    Yeah, she is getting so much support that not a single person has replied to
    her rant in her own forums. <VBEG>

    Don't misunderstand me though--I also admire her spunk for standing up for
    what she believes, even if it does seem a little deluded to me to try to
    protect trolls. While I may not agree with what she says, I totally defend
    her right to say it.

    In case you were not aware, there are at least 2 MS-MVPs that are members of
    MCNGP (yes I really am a MS-MVP for Windows XP). Admittedly we are more
    restrained in our use of foul language in the public newsgroups than other
    MCNGP members, but that doesn't mean we are any less likely to blast
    braindumpers and trolls.

    Careful now--if we don't watch out this could turn into a discussion instead
    of a flame war.

    MCNGP #68
    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Jan 3, 2004

  3. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Gary K Guest

    Larry,

    You may not see posts on her website, but she does have a lot of support.

    I remember the first time I posted here a couple of years ago. I asked a
    question about a registry hack. I was pretty new to computing, and
    completely self-taught, so I was unaware of a lot of the correct terminology
    to use. I got flamed on this NG big time by the same jerks who are still
    flaming people that they assumptions about. Nothing much has changed in the
    last couple of years, except the MCNGP has gotten crueler and cruder in the
    interim.

    As to your being proud of belonging to the MCNGP, well, I've done a lot of
    really dumb things in my lifetime too. I'm just not dumb enough to brag
    about how I was that immature and thoughtless towards my fellow human
    beings.

    The day the MCNGP was formed the trolls won. They must be laughing their
    heads off about ruining this NG. It's probably about 1/4 the size, and 1/10
    the usefulness that it should be. You guys ran off most of those who won't
    post because they fear getting flamed.

    Gary K, Jan 3, 2004
  4. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    You are correct in one sense - there are no comments attached to the article
    on the homepage, but you've been missing the bigger picture. There is a
    thread in my forums that started as a result of the article - I however, did
    not start the thread, and I have received support in it. The interesting
    thing is that Consultant is there daily trying to defend himself, but his
    MCNGP buddies have yet to jump in and try to bail him out as he slowly digs
    his hole deeper and deeper. Do they think consultant has gone to far.... I
    don't know...but I do know their silence is telling more of a story than
    their posts ever could. The article was already the fourth most read
    article on our site within one day of posting it.

    And although the MCNGP might not like it, the article is popular enough that
    its been mentioned on other sites too now, and I have received support from
    those sites.

    Not to mention the fact that less than 24 hours after posting the article I
    received my 300th thank you email for standing up to the MCNGP. I have no
    idea what the count is now, as I lost track shortly after that point.

    I do have to admit that at I was at first saddened that Microsoft allowed
    members of the MCNGP to become MVP's. However, after thinking about it, I
    realize that this can only be good for my case with Microsoft when I go to
    them with all of the emails I've received about the MCNGP.

    --
    Paisleyskye
    http://www.icertify.net

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  5. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    |{evin Guest

    Maybe we're just too damn lazy to give two shits about your site.. I
    personally have read the thread... I got a whole afternoon's worth of
    humor from the dude that thinks he's Silent Bob.
    Like what... the braindumper sites?
    300? 24 hours? Riiiiight. SWEN doesn't even act that fast.

    Hahhaa... 'go to Microsoft'? And what exactly do you think they can do
    about it? I hope you understand how usenet works so you don't go
    around thinking that there's anything they can do.

    |{evin, Jan 3, 2004
  6. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Techie Guest

    Paisleyskye

    I had walked away from these newsgroups 6 months ago because I got fed up of
    the stupidity here, not from my fellow MCNGPers but from the newbies who
    post the same question as 15 other people that day, and don't bother to read
    what the response was to other people because they feel they are special and
    deserve a dedicated response. PLEASE try that in the real IT world and you
    will find the unemployment line real fast, IT is a career that requires you
    to be fast on your feet and smart or at least smart enough to know where to
    find answers fast without pestering others. If a newbie posts a real
    question here I am sure he or she will get a real answer I know I did 8
    months ago and it was from a MCNGP so they do help when a real question is
    asked. Unfortunately, there aren't that many real questions being asked here
    and of course that is our fault right? NOT.

    There is no need for the MCNGP to defend itself on this or any other issue,
    this is simply a publicity stunt on your part to get attention for yourself
    and your new site.

    Yes we are cruel to trolls, and lazy wannabe MCSEs that can not do anything
    for themselves and instead post here looking for someone to hold there hands
    and spoon-fed them the answers. Does that make the MCNGP a bad group? No not
    at all, but you need to take the comments with a grain of salt and relax.

    I proudly joined the ranks of the MCNGP last summer as a direct result of
    paper certification holders that caused more work and grief for me in my
    daily job of administrating my company's network. The majority of those
    people that have the various certifications it seems have only book smarts
    and no hands on experience and they expect the more experienced and
    knowledgeable to impart on them the skills and knowledge they should have
    for being whatever certified. I have spent more week-ends and evenings
    repairing servers than I care to count, because of MCSEs who didn't know
    there asses from there elbows screwed up the simplest tasks.

    Techie, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Hi Paisleyskye,

    Very interesting--I need to subscribe to your forums and check it out when I
    have some free time. I promise to behave myself. <VBG>

    Just curious, why would you be distressed that MCNGP members were allowed to
    become MVPs? It is simply proof that at least some MCNGP members are helpful
    enough to be recognized by MS for their efforts.

    I was a MVP long before becoming an honorary member of MCNGP. My posts here
    have nothing to do with my MVP award as I am a recent newcomer to this
    group.

    Laura is the other MVP, and her award was earned by the quality of her posts
    both here and in many other groups. The fact that she was a member of MCNGP
    when awarded is secondary to the overall helpful nature of her posts.

    As a MVP that promotes online communities, should I have accepted honorary
    membership in the MCNGP?
    Probably not, but I didn't join as a MVP--I joined as myself, an OEM
    Systembuilder, technician, and consultant that has to deal with the effects
    of these paper MCSEs on a daily basis.

    Do I think the MCNGP goes overboard in their posts at times?
    Without a doubt.

    Do I support such actions?
    Absolutely not.

    Do I support the overall aim of reducing paper MCSEs?
    H*ll yes!!

    Do I think you have picked the wrong battle?
    Yes--anyone with newsgroup experience spotted the son of Maggie posts as a
    troll immediately. He/she is probably laughing his/her a** off at the furor
    this has caused.
    Had you chosen to attack on the use of foul language etc overall, you would
    probably have received far more support.

    Do I support you in your efforts?
    That one is a loaded question--I fully support your right to speak up about
    perceived wrongs.
    I support efforts to clean up the language in the groups (sorry guys, but it
    does get a little overboard at times here for a public group hosted by MS)
    I do not support attacks on MCNGP as a group--we are individuals with a
    common aim of reducing paper MCSEs. Some go about it in different ways, and
    not all are the vile creatures you and others make us out to be.

    BTW--if you think this group is bad, you should have been hanging out in
    msn.discussion for the past few years. It is relatively calm now, but the
    past flamewars there make the ones here look like a fizzling matchstick.

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Jan 3, 2004
  8. You just ain't smart enough to
    I was not the one who fail for a Troll's posting.
    So do I. She's got more balls than most blokes I know.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  9. Careful now--if we don't watch out this could turn into a discussion instead
    lol! Need a moderator!

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  10. And although the MCNGP might not like it, the article is popular enough that
    Good publicity for you! Watch out CNN!!!!

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  11. I do have to admit that at I was at first saddened that Microsoft allowed
    What a stupid thing to mention, and proves how little you know.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  12. Do I support the overall aim of reducing paper MCSEs?
    Exactly the point.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  13. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    Gary K Guest

    LOL.

    So you MCNGP's think that your becoming trolls to all the newbies who would
    post here is justified because trolls do exist. Wow. What logic. What
    great justification for rudeness, immaturity, and just plain old crudeness
    and meanness to anyone whom you judge as stupid, not having your own skills,
    or of cheating by a couple of written words.

    Hey, I can't stand cheaters either. They cheapen all the hard work I've put
    in to gain skills earning my certs. But, sinking to the level of trolls
    such as the MCNGP has become so you can use them as an excuse for saying or
    being as rude and obnoxious as you please to people on the basis of
    misspelled words, being unfamiliar with NG's, Google, the MS KB, etc... is
    just plain ridiculous. It's just an excuse to be rude and obnoxious, and
    engage in sophomoric, moronic behavior that makes this newsgroup a much less
    useful place for everyone.

    Gary K, Jan 3, 2004
  14. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    A person mentioned that I had no posts in my forum with support for the
    article - so I was just explaining that there was indeed a thread in there.
    I don't really care if you care about the site, because in all honesty I'd
    like to keep the likes of the MCNGP out of there.

    No, not braindumper sites. I told you before that I am a huge activist
    against braindumps. I have had articles written about me and the strides
    I've taken to bring down braindump sites and braindump site owners in
    Certtimes.

    The other site that has mentioned the article is www.mcseworld.com -
    actually they have a thread going on about it now.

    Yes, I did receive all of those emails in 24 hours, and I am forwarded all
    of them to Microsoft along with the post where the guy admits he's an MCNGP
    and an MVP. Will they care? I don't know, but I'd say the evidence I've
    gotten together is pretty damning.

    You don't need to worry about what I can do, or whether Microsoft will
    listen. I've taken on bigger feats than this in the past.

    Paisleyskye

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  15. So you MCNGP's think that your becoming trolls to all the newbies who would
    No idea what you are harping on about.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 3, 2004
  16. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    Well, that's not what I've seen. And according to the emails I've received
    its not true either.
    This is no publicity stunt. If it were I would have done a better job of
    it - believe me. I don't need to get publicity for my site. I've brought
    down enough braindump site owners and had articles written about it in
    Certtimes (better publicity than a newsgroup), and we get plugs from Ed
    Tittel in the newsletters he writes since we interviewed him for the site.
    My name is well-known in certification circles because of the work I've done
    on other sites and the books I've written. I can assure you I don't need
    any PR help from Consultant.

    And no I'm not bragging either - I put the above paragraph in simply to show
    that this was not an attempt to gain publicity, but rather an attempt to
    stop the MCNGP mafia, or at least to make them settle down a little bit. In
    two years I have seen absolutely no value to their presence here in the
    newsgroup - in fact I think in a lot of cases they are a hinderance to the
    professionals that do frequent this newsgroup, and to newbies.
    Boy do I feel sorry for you, if all you have to be proud of is being a
    member of the MCNGP mafia.

    Paisleyskye

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  17. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    That's really sad. I wouldn't brag about it.
    Maybe you shoud rethink that decision?
    Yes, that is the logical thing to do - trying to justify yourself.
    At least you admit that. But then you must support them or you wouldn't be
    a member.
    Yes you do - you're a member.
    I think we all want to reduce paper MCSE's.
    I've received lots of support - far more than I thought I would. I don't
    think I picked the wrong battle at all. My battle isn't just the son of
    Maggie - my battle is the MCNGP and all of the people they've hurt.
    Keep trying to justify yourself if it makes you feel better.

    Paisleyskye

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  18. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    This has nothing to do with publicity. This has to do with caring about
    people's feelings.

    Paisleyskye

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  19. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    No, I think it was a good thing to mention, as you guys seem to think you
    have some god given right to torture people with legitimate questions.

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004
  20. PistOffSonOfMaggie

    iCertify.net Guest

    Keep trying to justify yourself if it makes you feel like a man.
    Thank you.

    Paisleyskye

    iCertify.net, Jan 3, 2004