RSPAN: What am I missing here ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hi everybody

    I am trying to set up the simplest RSPAN configuration possible:
    Cat2950C ---trunk link on G0/1----Cat2950

    I can see the port 1 (the reflector port on Cat 1) blinking but a
    sniffer
    connected to port F0/24 on Cat2 is not seeing any traffic (excepting
    some broadcasts ).
    Please see the below listed configs and let me know if you have any idea

    what could be wrong here.

    Cat1 has source ports F0/23 and F0/24 and reflector port F0/1
    Cat2 has destination port F0/24
    Cat1 VTP mode= server
    Cat2 VTP mode= client
    Prunning disabled

    Vlan 1 = default vlan
    Vlan 2 = F0/23 and F0/24 are assigned to this vlan
    Vlan 3 - Rspan vlan (configured accordingly with rspan option)

    VLAN ISL Id: 1
    Name: default
    Media Type: Ethernet
    VLAN 802.10 Id: 100001
    State: Operational
    MTU: 1500
    Backup CRF Mode: Disabled
    Remote SPAN VLAN: No

    VLAN ISL Id: 2
    Name: Source
    Media Type: Ethernet
    VLAN 802.10 Id: 100002
    State: Operational
    MTU: 1500
    Backup CRF Mode: Disabled
    Remote SPAN VLAN: No

    VLAN ISL Id: 3
    Name: Sniffer
    Media Type: Ethernet
    VLAN 802.10 Id: 100003
    State: Operational
    MTU: 1500
    Backup CRF Mode: Disabled
    Remote SPAN VLAN: Yes

    -----------------------------------Config Cat
    1----------------------------------------------
    !
    version 12.1
    !
    hostname Cat1

    spanning-tree mode pvst
    no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission
    spanning-tree extend system-id
    !
    !
    interface range FastEthernet0/1 - 22
    no ip address
    duplex full
    speed 100
    no snmp trap link-status
    interface FastEthernet0/23
    no ip address
    duplex full
    speed 100
    switchport access vlan 2
    no snmp trap link-status

    interface FastEthernet0/24
    no ip address
    duplex full
    speed 100
    switchport access vlan 2
    no snmp trap link-status
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet0/1
    description Uplink26
    switchport mode trunk
    no ip address
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet0/2
    no ip address
    !
    interface Vlan1
    ip address 10.100.25.113 255.255.255.0
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip default-gateway 10.100.25.254
    ip http server
    !
    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/23 - 24
    monitor session 1 destination remote vlan 3 reflector-port Fa0/1
    end

    Switch14#

    -----------------------------------Config Cat
    2----------------------------------------------
    !
    version 12.1
    !
    hostname Cat2
    !
    spanning-tree mode pvst
    no spanning-tree optimize bpdu transmission
    spanning-tree extend system-id
    !
    !
    interface range FastEthernet0/1 - 24
    no ip address
    duplex full
    speed 100
    no snmp trap link-status
    interface GigabitEthernet0/1
    description Uplink26
    switchport mode trunk
    no ip address
    !
    interface GigabitEthernet0/2
    no ip address
    !
    interface Vlan1
    ip address 10.100.25.114 255.255.255.0
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip default-gateway 10.100.25.254
    ip http server
    !
    !
    !
    monitor session 1 destination interface F0/24
    monitor session 1 source remote vlan 3
    end

    Chris, Jan 27, 2004