    RSPAN vlan and to the other side of the trunked port.

    Help

    Paul

    Paul Groth, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Paul Groth

    DigitalVinyl Guest

    Rspan essentially forwards whatever traffic you are spanning ('both'
    of port 6/48 in your case) onto a VLAN (445). You then listen to that
    vlan to hear the spanned traffic. The VLAN you've created must stretch
    across all switches between you ad the monitored port.

    So vlan 445 is the vlan you've created just for RSPAN traffic.

    You are monitoring port 6/48 on the switch you issued this command on.

    You then need to log into the switch you sniffer/PC is on. You then
    issue the rspan destination command. This sends all the traffic on the
    445 to you port. Basically...

    set rspan destination mod/port 445

    Just check the syntax--i think i got that right.
    DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

    DigitalVinyl, Oct 29, 2005