RRAS problem - may be wireless network related?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Moody Marco, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. Moody Marco

    Moody Marco Guest

    Please help with the following:

    When trying to add a connection to my Bluetooth enabled Samsung D500
    phone (which i've got connected via a Bluetooth serial link) in Create
    New Connection > set up and advanced connection (as per instructions at
    a Samsung support site), after clicking Next when it says "Host" or
    "Guest", the PC freezes for a while, then I get an error about Incoming
    connections using RRAS and RRAS couldn't start. if I go start > run >
    services.msc RRAS is set to "Automatic", but it's not started. If I try
    to start it, I get:

    "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on Local
    Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this
    is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to the
    service-specific error code 340."

    I've trawled the net, and there are a few forums with help on this
    subject generally, but very few quoting error code 340.

    The Event Viewer shows:

    "Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7024
    Date: 20/03/2005
    Time: 22:36:57
    User: N/A
    Computer: MARK
    The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific
    error 340 (0x154).

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

    I'm using Windows XP with SP2, on a P4 3.4Ghz (HT) with 1GB RAM.

    Cheers in advance, I'm tearing my hair out here!

    Moody Marco, Mar 20, 2005