    your system will now shut down in 60 seconds. Anyone any ideas how to
    prevent this.?
    Thank you.

    fokker, Sep 10, 2003

  2. It looks as the "MSBLAST" virus.

    Rejean

    Réjean Dutil, Sep 10, 2003

  3. fokker

    trout Guest

    A couple of the usual suspects:

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp>

    What you should know about the Blaster worm
    <http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp>

    trout, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Miss Louise Kostewicz, Sep 10, 2003
  5. http://www.techhowto.org has a fix for msblaster

    --

    Rob Burghdoff
    HelpDesk Lead

    Rob Burghdoff, Sep 10, 2003
  6. fokker

    Fokker Guest

    Thank you so much for all your replys and help. But i still have a
    problem. I read up on the websites that i got urls for, and dloaded
    the patch to fix the flaw in windows os, plus the symatec program
    that is to remove the worm. But after doing everything exactly as the
    instructions on the website says to, and installing the patch and
    searching for the virus with the blast removal program, i recieve the
    message that it could not find the MSBLAST virus. Is there not any
    chance that there are registry entries from the virus and someone may
    know them. If so would it not be possible to tell me them. It would
    be so helpful to know, because this would tell me if i did infact
    have the virus.
    Thank you

    Fokker, Sep 11, 2003
  7. fokker

    trout Guest

    It could be a variant; or just something similar. You still haven't
    mentioned *which* OS you are using, which might narrow it down. At any
    rate, I assume you've downloaded all security patches for your system?
    You also don't mention which regular (if any!) anti-virus program
    you use. You could check your findings with an on-line scan:
    <http://housecall.antivirus.com/>

    trout, Sep 11, 2003
  8. fokker

    Fokker Guest

    Thank you for your help, and sorry for not giving enough detail, but
    im running norton av 2003 on windows xp with norton personal firewall
    aswell.

    Fokker, Sep 11, 2003