    via Line in.I hear the music as the thing says but it is not recording.I can
    record speaking into Mic.would it be safe to connect record player into Mic
    jack.Thanks for any help with this problem Gordon G

    Gordon G, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Gordon G

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that the Line-In is not muted in your audio
    properties. Double-click the speaker in your system tray.

    °Mike°, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Gordon G

    Stevo Guest

    No!!!, don't plug your line from the record player/stereo into the Mic
    socket, the level is wrong.

    Are you running direct from your turntable? That isn't the best way, the
    level is low and the proper equalisation for vinyl is not applied (unless
    you have a turntable with a built in pre-amp). Use a Line Out (Tape Out)
    from your amplifier to the Line In of your sound card.

    Check that you have the Line In enabled in the 'Record' part of Volume
    control properties, you seem to have 'Mic' enabled.

    Also check that you have the sample rate function set for 'Best Quality'...
    in Multimedia or 'Advanced Audio Properties' of Sounds and Audio Devices..
    many people miss this setting and don't get the best recordings that they
    could..

    Stevo, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Gordon G

    Gordon G Guest

    Got things going now Thanks for advice Gordon G

    Gordon G, Sep 8, 2003