    ip route 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0 dialer 0 100 ?

    Do the networks directly connected to the interfaces take precedence over all the other routing informations?

    Alex.

    AM, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Alex,

    I'm reasonably sure that there's no way to change the
    administrative distance for a connected route.

    I suppose you could do policy routing, but here's what I
    think is an easier approach:

    - instead of giving d0 an address in 192.168.100/24, unnumber it to a local
    loopback or LAN interface
    - configure a floating static to 192.168.100/24 via d0

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Is it possible to higher a metric for network directly connected on the router?
    ~ It is quite long to explain but first of all I would like to know if what I asked it is possible.
    ~ I mean if the router reports
    ~
    ~ 192.168.100.0/24 directly connected on dialer0
    ~
    ~ Can I modify the routing table with
    ~

    Aaron Leonard, Mar 21, 2006

  3. AM

    Merv Guest

    Do the networks directly connected to the interfaces take precedence
    A floating static route would never defeat a directly connected route
    for 192.168.100.0

    What is the problem that you are trying to address ?

    Merv, Mar 21, 2006