    control that isn't going to run out! Can anyone suggest anything?

    TIA

    Tim

    Pikey, Feb 15, 2009

  2. Pikey

    1PW Guest

    Hello Tim:

    Googling "parental control routers" shows:

    <http://residential.iphantom.com/>

    <http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-3319_7-0.html?filter=500563_5056033_>

    <http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1650669,00.asp>

    YMMV

    Pete

    1PW, Feb 17, 2009

  3. Pikey

    Pikey Guest

    How certain are you that every website you visit hasn't been infected
    by some nasty? I'd like to be as bulletproof as possile; and to be
    sure that anyone who connects to my router is as well.

    Tim

    Pikey, Feb 17, 2009
  4. Pikey

    Pikey Guest

    Thanks Pete - but the first one was PC software (not router), the
    second one was just a list of routers; the first one in the list
    didn't have parental controls of any kind; I din't check the rest; and
    the third one was a review written in 2004. I was kind of looking for
    a personal recommendation - I've trawled all over the place but
    there's nothing with good sitecontrol built in. Thanks again, though.

    Tim

    Tim

    Pikey, Feb 17, 2009
  5. Pikey

    Pikey Guest

    Pikey, Feb 17, 2009
  6. Pikey

    1PW Guest

    1PW, Feb 18, 2009
  7. Pikey

    Rambo Guest

    I agree with you, but may be a good HOSTS file can avoid surfing.

    Have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    Rambo, Feb 18, 2009
  8. Pikey

    Pikey Guest

    Yeah - did that; couldn't see the relevance. That's why I asked the
    question.

    Pikey, Feb 20, 2009
  9. Pikey

    Pikey Guest

    Thanks Rambo - the idea of having something within the router itself
    is so that anyone who connects to my network is protected; and that
    includes my desktop, my (two) wi-fi netbooks, my wi-fi PDA; etc.

    Apparently Trend Micro are doing something with Linksys, and Draytek
    are about to update their internal safety stuff; so I'll keep looking
    that-a-way!

    Thanks all.

    Tim

    Pikey, Feb 20, 2009