    Thanks for the help,
    SD
    Innovative-Hosting.net

    InnoHosting, Nov 24, 2003

  2. InnoHosting

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Crossover is for connecting computer to computer or router/switch to
    router/switch. You will most likely need two regular (straight through,
    not crossed) cables for your connections.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 24, 2003

  3. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    Just regular cable when connecting to a router. Cross-over cables are
    for connecting two computers (though some modems, like mine at home
    requires a crossover cable).

    Night_Seer, Nov 24, 2003
  4. InnoHosting

    InnoHosting Guest

    So just a direct cable right?

    SD

    InnoHosting, Nov 24, 2003
  5. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    yup...direct cat5 cable will do it.

    Night_Seer, Nov 24, 2003
  6. InnoHosting

    InnoHosting Guest

    Ok thanks for the help every1.
    Night_Seer,

    when you said CAT5, you mean an RJ45 CAT5 yeah?
    I'm sorry to keep asking little questions with each post, its just that I
    recently got a new room built along with an extension on the house, and the
    electrician will be fitting all the wires through the walls. If i get it
    wrong then it's gonna be a big waste of time and money.

    SD
    http://innovative-hosting.net

    InnoHosting, Nov 25, 2003
  7. InnoHosting

    Night_Seer Guest

    yup...no worries, we're all here to help each other.

    Night_Seer, Nov 25, 2003
  8. InnoHosting

    Jerry G. Guest

    Use a Patch cable, not a Cross cable. The patch is a straight through cable.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Hi,

    I've only recently got ADSL, and wanted to hook my PlayStation 2 and laptop
    as well as other devices to my router.
    Do i use a cross over cable or a direct cable connected to the router and
    device? And if its not too much trouble, what is each used for?

    Thanks for the help,
    SD
    Innovative-Hosting.net

    Jerry G., Nov 26, 2003